Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I’m amazed at how well he has done to be quite honest. But again, it’s a guy that is coming into a team knowing exactly what his role is, everyone around him functioning at their optimum and the system allowing him to be aggressive, which is a major strength. What has made my jaw drop at times is his passing, but again, it takes two people to complete the pass so maybe he’s not been as shit at this as previously thought, but there are passes that he’s being encouraged to make because the system makes it possible. Coaching eh, who’d have thought it.

47 minutes ago, loki679 said:

It's not that stupid a question :lol:

Eddie is big on team spirit, competition and players earning their places.  Botman coming straight back in after the way Lascelles has performed kind of goes against that philosophy a bit.

It reminds me of when Sir Bobby said to Lee Bowyer something along the lines of it didn’t matter how well he plays as Kieron Dyer would always be first choice when fit.

It isn’t the best example of man management. If anything Lascelles performances have shown that Howe can look at resting Schar or Botman occasionally against the weaker teams rather than trying to roll them out as a partnership for 50+ games this season.

Edited by Matt1892

• 3 weeks later...

Its a difficult one. I'd possibly give him a two year deal to be in the Dummett role going forward, and still buy a new RCB. It's probably unfair on Lascelles for that to be his role though - and although he's playing well at the moment I don't think we should be postponing a CB signing in favour of him.

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got to say, if ever there was a centre forward made for Lascelles it was Matate. A forward line of him as CF with Eduard and Ayew as your wide options is just about as bad as it gets. 

Yeah but also Lascelles pockets Mbappe in his sleep. Phone, keys, wallet, Mbappe. 

How would people rate Lascelles as a pure captain? He's got to be one of our best i'd imagine, given where we where when he got given the armband and everything he's had to deal with to this point. 

He seems like a great bloke, he realises his limitations and he’s happy to be part of the squad. Keep him here. Guehi looks like a player in need of Eddie Howe. I’d have him over Anderson, he looks like he could go next level in a good team. 

Deserves a ton of respect. Happy to keep him on if he's happy to keep on, which it looks like he is. As we've surely learned with the Tonali situation, you can't take dependability for granted.

21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He seems like a great bloke, he realises his limitations and he’s happy to be part of the squad. Keep him here. Guehi looks like a player in need of Eddie Howe. I’d have him over Anderson, he looks like he could go next level in a good team. 

Might cost a few quid that one, I think I saw Wor Eddie talking to him after the game though 

It's not that I'm surprised he's doing well, I always rated him a bit more than some I felt but it's the way he's seamlessly slot in. Sometimes Managers will praise players left on bench or training ground for their behind the scenes training out of politeness but you would't guess he'd played so little for the team.

43 minutes ago, andycap said:

Seems to have improved with the ball at his feet. Doesn't look rushed nowadays I'd keep him and bring in another to make the four centrebacks up. Burn and hall at leftback. 

Think it really helps that his three immediate passing options are Schar, Trips, and Bruno. All really comfortable options there.

I always thought his biggest issue was with the ball at his feet. He has always been a decent defender just always looked like he had a bomb at his feet but in recent games, he looks far more composed and comfortable. Really pleased for him, one of the few back in the darker days who seemed to care and get it so only fitting he gets to enjoy the happier times.

Didn't in anyway forsee feeling so bad at the idea of him dropping back to the bench on Botman's return.

Am honestly starting to wonder if Howe is going to tell him the spot is his to lose even when Sven's fully fit.