Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Considering he's clearly the leader of the group, and he played through injury for months, It was never going to be taken off him. Why would it? Captain doesn't mean best player. He's done nothing to deserve losing it.

He's making an excellent point, which a lot of these pundits and even our own fans are overlooking. This is a much more together group of players than we had in our previous PL campaign, where we have to remember we only just went down. They respect and play for their manager, something that was not evident when we had the likes of Pardew, Carver and McClaren running the show, that has a big bearing on how we will perform as a team.

He's making an excellent point, which a lot of these pundits and even our own fans are overlooking. This is a much more together group of players than we had in our previous PL campaign, where we have to remember we only just went down. They respect and play for their manager, something that was not evident when we had the likes of Pardew, Carver and McClaren running the show, that has a big bearing on how we will perform as a team.

I think thats what should edge it. Our team is a unit this year. We have lost players like Wijnaldum, Townsend and Sissoko, but we'll be playing as a unit this year. Plus i think our defence and central midfield is better than last time. It will be difficult though as I think all three promoted teams will give it more of a go than any of the relegated teams did this season.

Good quote from Rafa. "He has the mentality and passion you are looking for and helps the new players settle and tries to push when needed, sometimes he will be on the pitch, sometimes he will not be playing but is someone I can trust in terms of how he behaves, works and pushes the others".

Good quote from Rafa. "He has the mentality and passion you are looking for and helps the new players settle and tries to push when needed, sometimes he will be on the pitch, sometimes he will not be playing but is someone I can trust in terms of how he behaves, works and pushes the others".

Or you could have Colo.... :crazy2:

He got unfair criticism last season, in light of the fact that he played 47 matches while enduring injury problems.

Don't think he's a worldbeater, but he has attributes and age on his side.

It wasn't unfair at all. As justified as any other player doing badly. Made quite many silly mistakes during different periods of the season. Hopefully he'll learn from them.

The absolutely weakest part of his game is his poor technique. He really can't pass a ball. Makes a big difference having two CB's decent with the ball at their feet who can move the ball faster and with more accuracy, it gives the player who receives it that extra second on the ball.

Agreed. I think he has physical attributes, leadership qualities and his reading of the game can develop - but is a poor footballer, and that will probably limit his ceiling.

That said I would never have predicted Harry Maguire to become a £17 million player so domestic defenders can surprise you in their development. Maguire's actually good on the ball so he's a bad comparative example in terms of skillset, but the point still stands.

Guest neesy111

I think that's an excuse tbh. He must have been fine to play else he wouldn't have been able to play. Doesn't excuse needless mistakes.

I'm of the opinion if he was playing through injury then he shouldn't be playing.  We had plenty of backup in the the CB department last season.

My personal opinion is that he's just not a good footballer and it's started to catch-up with him.

I think that's an excuse tbh. He must have been fine to play else he wouldn't have been able to play. Doesn't excuse needless mistakes.

I'm of the opinion if he was playing through injury then he shouldn't be playing.  We had plenty of backup in the the CB department last season.

My personal opinion is that he's just not a good footballer and it's started to catch-up with him.

:thup: Clark is better and I think Lejeune will prove to be the best of our CB's (fingers crossed)

Physical attributes are more important to a team like ours at this stage of our revival. Maybe a couple more years down the line, if we have established ourselves in the league, we can look for improvement.

Playing against quality opposition is gonna cost us if we give away possession easily though.

Guest neesy111

:thup: Clark is better and I think Lejeune will prove to be the best of our CB's (fingers crossed)

Yeap, I'm happy with them 2 starting and mbemba being 1st choice cover and then Lascelles.

Chuffed for Lascelles and Rafa played it perfect in the interview. There seems to be a real trust, understanding and respect between the two and that helps to lay down the foundations for a good team spirit.

Wonder if he went into the dressing room after the match all guns blazing at Shelvey or whether he didn't because he's not a lazy dirty forrin type?

This is a weird comment. Suggesting he only has a go at foreign lads.

I think it's fair. A lot easier to have a go at lads who aren't his mates

Wonder if he went into the dressing room after the match all guns blazing at Shelvey or whether he didn't because he's not a lazy dirty forrin type?

This is a weird comment. Suggesting he only has a go at foreign lads.

I think it's fair. A lot easier to have a go at lads who aren't his mates

Yep.