Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Guest neesy111

He's tailed off in that time, really no need when chancel was there ready to take his place. Silly move all round, never risk a players health.

I'm more of this view.  Remember Shola playing on with a bad hip which left lasting damage.

He's tailed off in that time, really no need when chancel was there ready to take his place. Silly move all round, never risk a players health.

I'm more of this view.  Remember Shola playing on with a bad hip which left lasting damage.

Aye, same with Taylor and his shoulder under souness.

I just don't see the point, nothing good will come of it. At the least in this situation a lot of fans have questioned his ability over that time while no doubt this has taken away some of his game. It might not excuse the drops in concentration but his overall form in between has been patchy.

We have 4 decent centre backs, Arguably our strongest position this year.

Guest firetotheworks

Re Shola, ironically that era was the best I ever saw him play for us, he actually had a fairly decent little spell when Roeder took over.

The lad is still a kid ffs.

He has all the tools to become a top center back, but let's all jump on him and give him dogs abuse because he's not Franco Baresi yet..

Guest reefatoon

It left lasting damage to us poor bastards having to watch him.

The lad is still a kid ffs.

He has all the tools to become a top center back, but let's all jump on him and give him dogs abuse because he's not Franco Baresi yet..

You must be forgetting how the forum acted towards Sels. :lol:

I just don't see the point, nothing good will come of it. At the least in this situation a lot of fans have questioned his ability over that time while no doubt this has taken away some of his game. It might not excuse the drops in concentration but his overall form in between has been patchy.

Seems like Mbemba and Hanley have struggled to convince Rafa that they are decent.

Seems like Mbemba and Hanley have struggled to convince Rafa that they are decent.

Believe Mbemba was more down to not following instructions. Wouldn't say all is forgiven but he's at least finally had a chance to redeem himself. Hanley has looked ok every time I've seen him. I think it's probably more down to have the op and lose the player for a significant amount of time, thus relying one 3, or play him at 80% until the end of season or if it gets too much then make a decision.

Honestly we've a decent crop of centrebacks for a change, at least some depth. None of them are as bad as made out on here, especially the ones struggling for game time.

Jamaal Lascelles speaking to the official club website:

“Five or six months ago, I started feeling my groin. I thought it was a bit of tightness, or whatever, but I was really struggling with it.

“Every day in training, I’d probably train at about 50% – I couldn’t really run, or use my left foot.

“I spoke to the medical staff, and the manager, and it’s not something that can get worse – if you grit your teeth and manage the pain, you can get through it.

“I just thought, ‘We’re in a position here where we can get promoted’, and obviously – being the captain – I wanted to be involved. The manager trusts me and he wants me to play.

“I’ve had a gym programme for four or five months now – you can’t heal it, but you can manage it by doing that. I’ve focused on that every day.

“I’ve probably not helped myself this season, in some areas, but that’s the sacrifice you make, and I’m willing to make it. It’s helped the team, and now I can get this sorted in time for pre-season.

“It has been tough – there have been times where I have had head loss because of how painful it’s been.

“Sometimes, it hasn’t done me any justice because you play how you train. If I’m in training, and I’m just jogging about, it can show on the pitch on a matchday.

“Hernias can be different for different people. I think Alan Shearer once had a hernia and he managed to play nine days later. One of the young boys, Jamie Sterry, has had one and he took it really well – he trained again after four weeks.

“It’s the end of the season and I can rest over the summer a little bit. The first couple of weeks, I’ll just be walking and doing a few different movements, I can’t imagine I’ll be doing anything mad.

“If we weren’t already up, I’d still be trying to get through it and trying to play, but the job has been done, and now I can look after myself and better myself for next season.”

:thup: I like the lad me. He might not be top drawer but he's a good steady defender with the right attitude and character

Aye.  He's looked the part at times, and he's apparently done it whilst fighting through a lot of pain.  Fair play to him.