Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Made some impressive stops today and couldn't do much about the goals, keep him.

:lol:

Elliott would have been blamed for at least 2 of them on here.

The hypocrisy levels of this place is unreal  :lol:

What the fuck are you on about :lol:

If he did bad then everyone here would've pointed it out,  there is no agenda for the guy or against Elliot, the later was praised when he had good games too

Made some impressive stops today and couldn't do much about the goals, keep him.

:lol:

Elliott would have been blamed for at least 2 of them on here.

The hypocrisy levels of this place is unreal  :lol:

What the f*** are you on about :lol:

If he did bad then everyone here would've pointed it out,  there is no agenda for the guy or against Elliot, the later was praised when he had good games too

What I'm on about is that Elliott was blamed on here for Watfords  third goal last week because the ball came across this 6 yard box before it was put in the goal, yet Darlow has conceded 3 goals in 2 games from crosses into his 6 yard box yet doesn't get any criticism.

Shay Given said in the studio at half time he could have done better with the 1st goal yesterday if he'd stood up instead of going down on his knees although personally I think that shots hit into the ground are always tricky to save.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nit picking, but could he have stood up longer for the first goal? Wasn't exactly hit into the roof of the net.

Watching MOTD he clearly was going down before the ball was even hit, maybe anticipating a strike low down? You can’t fault him for any goal really.

Wallsend Mag is like Rob Elliot’s knight in shining armour. Always willing to fight for his honour. Similar to how triggs used to be with Sissoko :lol:

No I don't think he's good enough to be a PL goalkeeper and nor is Darlow. Just found it odd that he was blamed for every goal we conceded on here yet nobody criticises Darlow for conceding similar goals (balls put into the 6 yard box with him nowhere).

Wallsend Mag is like Rob Elliot’s knight in shining armour. Always willing to fight for his honour. Similar to how triggs used to be with Sissoko :lol:

No I don't think he's good enough to be a PL goalkeeper and nor is Darlow. Just found it odd that he was blamed for every goal we conceded on here yet nobody criticises Darlow for conceding similar goals (balls put into the 6 yard box with him nowhere).

Because Darlow did absolutely nothing wrong yesterday, and infact kept the score down with saves Elliott just wouldnt make.

Used to be? I wrote a post about my beloved Moussa just today

Because Darlow did absolutely nothing wrong yesterday, and infact kept the score down with saves Elliott just wouldnt make.

At half time Shay Given said he could have done better with the first one if he'd stood up for longer. A good Keeper saves that.

At half time Shay Given said he could have done better with the first one if he'd stood up for longer. A good Keeper saves that.

He also said that he was expecting it to be hit true, and not into the ground and that's what through him off. There are probably only 2 keepers that save that in the league imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Wallsend Mag is like Rob Elliot’s knight in shining armour. Always willing to fight for his honour. Similar to how triggs used to be with Sissoko [emoji38]

He's not a good 'keeper, that's why.

He also said that he was expecting it to be hit true, and not into the ground and that's what through him off. There are probably only 2 keepers that save that in the league imo.

Only two? What a load of sh*te  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m sure you used to have a go at others for defending Elliott, and now you have a go at those who criticise him?

Guest neesy111

Elliott's ok at instinctive shot stopping but my god the other parts of his game are lower championship level at best.

Darlow's a better GK but his confidence was shot to pieces at the end of last season.

Ideally we'll buy a new GK.

Darlow is a better keeper and Rafa clearly agrees, I don't really know what else there is to say. Never thought I'd see Elliott fan boys but here we are

I don't rate either and I don't think the manager does either. Started last season with Sels, replaced him with Darlow, then had to take Darlow out and replace him with Elliott when his mistakes started costing us games. Started this season with Elliott and has now replaced with Darlow. In amongst all that he tried to sign Pepe Reina.

They're both not up to the job but just don't get all the OTT criticism of Elliott on here yet not a word said about Darlow.

Guest Howaythetoon

Elliott's ok at instinctive shot stopping but my god the other parts of his game are lower championship level at best.

Darlow's a better GK but his confidence was shot to pieces at the end of last season.

Ideally we'll get a new GK.

Basically this.

Darlow is a better keeper and Rafa clearly agrees, I don't really know what else there is to say. Never thought I'd see Elliott fan boys but here we are

I don't rate either and I don't think the manager does either. Started last season with Sels, replaced him with Darlow, then had to take Darlow out and replace him with Elliott when his mistakes started costing us games. Started this season with Elliott and has now replaced with Darlow. In amongst all that he tried to sign Pepe Reina.

They're both not up to the job but just don't get all the OTT criticism of Elliott on here yet not a word said about Darlow.

He's played two games man. He got hammered plenty for mistakes in the past.  I don't think either are good enough but Darlow is the better of the two by some way imo.  We should have got Begovic

Agree with the last sentence. He's not better than Elliott by some way though. If he was Elliott wouldn't have 13 PL appearances to his 2 this season.

He's a much better 'keeper than Elliot technically but is mentally fragile and sometimes struggles to concentrate.

Your argument is weak. If he wasn't better than Elliot why did Darlow have 34 appearances to Elliot's 3 last season?

Given you are Elliot's number one fan on here you might want to start spelling his name correctly.

He's a much better 'keeper than Elliot technically but is mentally fragile and sometimes struggles to concentrate.

Your argument is weak. If he wasn't better than Elliot why did Darlow have 34 appearances to Elliot's 3 last season?

Given you are Elliot's number one fan on here you might want to start spelling his name correctly.

Also didn't Darlow get put in by Rafa when he first came here? I think Rafa expected us to get a better Keeper and was trying to sell Darlow as he was the most desirable of the two to potential buyers. When Ashley f***ed him, he was in a strange situation as presumably he'd told Darlow he could leave and Elliott that he was staying

No that was due a bad injury.

Also didn't Darlow get put in by Rafa when he first came here? I think Rafa expected us to get a better Keeper and was trying to sell Darlow as he was the most desirable of the two to potential buyers. When Ashley f***ed him, he was in a strange situation as presumably he'd told Darlow he could leave and Elliott that he was staying

No that was due a bad injury.

Darlow? We did try and sell him tho iirc

No to Elliot which is why Rafa played Darlow from his 3rd game here.

Because Elliot spent a lot of last season injured perhaps? They are both poor "technically" as you put it so I don't know how you can say one is much better than the other in that respect. In fact both of them have very few strengths to their game and several weaknesses.

Because Elliot spent a lot of last season injured perhaps? They are both poor "technically" as you put it so I don't know how you can say one is much better than the other in that respect. In fact both of them have very few strengths to their game and several weaknesses.

He was fit from January (made his comeback in December) and couldn't displace Darlow.

Darlow really is far, far better than Elliot. Darlow is comfortably a decent Championship standard 'keeper. You'll find better 'keepers than Elliot at most clubs in League 1, which ironically is where we got him from, funny that.