Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Nearly 27 now, thought he was younger for some reason. Only 2 years younger than Krul. Would prefer to keep him as back up, but we'd get more for him so crack on if we can get 7 or 8 million ?

Guest neesy111

If we get 7m-8m for him then it's good business.  Started off well, but he was pretty poor from January onwards for me, remember he got dropped for Elliott in the end, good championship GK but see nothing more in him.  We've been so lucky that we really haven't spent any good money on a GK (in relative terms) since we signed Hislop in 1995.

£7-8m does sound reasonable, and given his age, I'd be keen to take a punt on Adama in a swap deal. That said, I seem to be in the minority thinking Darlow would be the one of all our first team options I would prefer to keep (ideally, as back-up). He has great reaction time and agility. Couple of saves last season had me applauding (the TV!). However, the goalkeeping coaches must brief Rafa re who has what, and what potential, and if Darlow going means we get a proven Premier League (or similar) first choice, fine.

Definitely not Krul. Elliot is steadier but not as good at saving shots

Think I'd agree with this. Elliot's distribution and communication is better, but he's definitely not as agile.

Krul is still probably our best bet overall but his distribution is questionable and he's always getting crocked.

If we can get a decent bit of cash for Darlow, someone who is arguably our third best option in goal and lost his place at the end of last season, then we should probably take it. We'll not get that money for Elliot and probably not for Krul given his contract situation, which makes it the logical choice.

Even if we don't sign another we've got Woodman, who could be loaned with a recall option.

Did you see much of Krul last season, Rich?

Not enough to be totally honest, typically just when AZ were playing one of the big teams (and getting smashed).

Couldn't really judge him on that and generally the Eredivisie isn't much of a goalkeeper friendly league!

Have to sell on if we can get £6-7M, not good enough imo. Elliot will be happy to be the new Harper for the rest of his career, if we get a new first choice in then peddle Krul for maybe a couple of million if we're lucky.

I want Reina although ive not seen much of him at all recently.

Just think he'd bring a lot of experience and respect to the squad. Probably get him for less than what we'd get for Darlow too I'd imagine e.

Reina for 2-3 years, Elliot as back-up hopefully not having to be needed much...Reina doesn't seem to get injured, Woodman coming through ready for the first team in 2-3 years time. Ideal situation.

Exactly my thoughts

Reina is very past his best.

Are you saying he doesn't have 3 years left in him during which time he'll be significantly better than our current options?

Exactly, stop being daft.

Guest neesy111

Are you saying he doesn't have 3 years left in him during which time he'll be significantly better than our current options?

Sorry forgot you are the wise one.

He's just kept 12 clean sheets in Serie A...almost 1 game every 3 in one of the toughest leagues in Europe where he kept a clean sheet. :lol:

Third best defensive record in the division (39 compared to Juve's 27 and Roma's 38). Even if he's on the way down he's hands down one of the best keepers we could go and get, even if we were splashing the cash.

Guest neesy111

He's just kept 12 clean sheets in Serie A...almost 1 game every 3 in one of the toughest leagues in Europe where he kept a clean sheet. [emoji38]

Second best defensive record in the division (39 compared to Roma's 38). Even if he's on the way down he's hands down one of the best keepers we could go and get, even if we were splashing the cash.

Ahh lovely statistics, guess they stand in everything apart from saving 2 very saveable freekick Vs Scotland