Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

We are conceding goals and cannot just throw a 20 year old kid into that kind of environment because it could shatter his confidence. They are judged on clean sheets like strikers are judged on goals.

He's 20 now. Two years older than Krul was when he broke into our 1st team. He's gained great experince with England, representing them at 6 different levels, culminating with him winning the World Cup and also the Golden Glove award for being the best Keeper in the tournament. Our 2 senior goalkeepers are hopeless, Darlow has conceded 11 goals in 4 games this season. If he's not getting a chance now I don't see when he ever will.

It’s not as simple as that though. He may be better than what we have, but he alone won’t prevent the goals going in and I’d rather protect a prodigious talent than throw him in at the deep end. I’d actually bring Elliott back in, because he seems more self confident than Darlow and that little bit extra may just help. Ideally in January we bring in an experienced goalkeeper...

Made this point before but much more young kids get ruined by not playing than those that do

Yeah a good point, to be honest I'm sick of reading he's not ready. Be it a GK or any player in other positions, when will a player be ready then ? 22, 23, 24 it's ridiculous. If they're good enough then they should play.

Just play him. Everyone talks about us potentially ruining a young prospect by throwing him in to a shit team but we're ruining him anyway if he's not going to actually play any games.

Is it also a bit simplistic to say that if a relegation scrap ruins your confidence to the point of your career being fucked at 20 then you weren't going to make it anyway? Maybe, but i think it's just an easy excuse to give a young player who fails. Just give him a shot ffs.

Is it also a bit simplistic to say that if a relegation scrap ruins your confidence to the point of your career being f***ed at 20 then you weren't going to make it anyway? Maybe, but i think it's just an easy excuse to give a young player who fails. Just give him a shot ffs.

Hasn't done Pickford any harm by the looks of it. He looks a very good keeper despite being in a struggling 11 his whole top flight career to date.

I’d be playing Woodman and just letting him get on with it. Convinced he’d not do any worse than our current group.

I'm noted for having a go at Rafa (I prefer to see it as speaking up against Rafa can do no wrong orthodoxy from some on here) but what is his record like bringing yong players through. I genuinely have no idea.

To be bloody honest, we don't need a GK that cannot handle the pressure. If Woodman failed the test, release him and got someone else in January. GK is special. If they are mentally weak, they are worthless. If we need to consider and worry for his handling of pressure, do we need to drop him in case we are in FA cup final then?

Just play him.

We should play him, national team coaches clearly rate him. We should also not forget that we shouldn't be near this situation in the first place and Mike Ashley is a massive cunt.