The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

You've got be on the wind up

Me and everyone else posting at the minute, bar you?

Not all contact is a foul, man. The game would be impossible to play if it was a free kick every time someone touched someone.

It's only you and nufc54 that's saying it wasn't. No pundit or journalist has said it wasn't a penalty. 

Not all contact is a penalty but a clothesline most certainly is

Guest Phillipealbert

You've got be on the wind up

Me and everyone else posting at the minute, bar you?

Not all contact is a foul, man. The game would be impossible to play if it was a free kick every time someone touched someone.

It's only you and nufc54 that's saying it wasn't. No pundit or journalist has said it wasn't a penalty. 

Not all contact is a penalty but a clothesline most certainly is

I think that's the crux of it. It looked like it was on the chest to me. If it's on the neck or face, it's a pen. Also, the exaggerated dive probably swayed the ref towards no foul.

Guest Phillipealbert

Why should it make a difference where his arm hits the player if you're running towards the ball which you're clearly going to get and a defender purposefully puts his arm out and stops you from getting it?

Anyway https://twitter.com/search?q=shawcross%20penalty&src=typd

It didn't look like excessive force. I think under the letter of the law, the ref could technically give it, but it's a bit like when you see pens given for jostling off the ball during corners.

The game would be ashes if pens were dished out that easily.

Guest Phillipealbert

Why do you prefer Boro rather than Burnley?

Both options are "boring" additions to the PL, in my opinion. Boro has been away the longest, hence they're more interesting to have around.

Got to say, I'd like to see as many NE teams in the league as possible. Aside from more derbys, I'd take more Northerners over more faceless London teams any day. (granted in this case, we are talking about Burnley).

No one in that twitter says that it wasn't a penalty the only thing up for debate was whether he should receive a card or not. Shawcross didn't complain.

I cba anymore like, your argument that it must be a penalty because 2 people in this thread saying it was a penalty is hilarious. It's the most blatant penalty you'll see this weekend and I'm sure if most people hadn't switched off MotD after the Newcastle game and were still watching it there wouldn't be any argument saying it wasn't

Guest Phillipealbert

No one in that twitter says that it wasn't a penalty the only thing up for debate was whether he should receive a card or not. Shawcross didn't complain.

I cba anymore like, your argument that it must be a penalty because 2 people in this thread saying it was a penalty is hilarious. It's the most blatant penalty you'll see this weekend and I'm sure if most people hadn't switched off MotD after the Newcastle game and were still watching it there wouldn't be any argument saying it wasn't

Your ability to misinterpret my posts, twitter and what happened on the pitch is stunning. I can see why it would be given; I wouldn't have given it and the ref didn't. It certainly wasn't the most blatant penalty ever.

I'm glad you cba anymore, because I cba with you either.

Goodnight. :)

Championship going down to the wire, current table:

3ce155508aa96c9704e64e0931cc7076.png

Remaining fixtures:

Burnley: QPR (H), Charlton (A)

Middlesbrough: Birmingham (A), Brighton (H)

Brighton: Derby (H) Middlesbrough (A)

Burnley and Boro to go up for me, it's going to be close either way.

Hoping Brighton go up and Boro miss out after all the money they've spent.

Brighton have done tremendously to close the goal difference down dramatically.

:lol: Drawing away to burnley and at home to Ipswich isn't exactly bottling it.  It's in their hands still.

It's in everyone's hands really, they all know that if they win their remaining games, they'll be up, it's an interesting situation.