The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Well there's obviously an element of fly on the wall, but they've got to make it interesting. The playboy star striker turning up late cos he got lost (do they have cameras in all the players' cars?), getting that Libyan guy a deal at Man U (I remember that at the time and it screamed publicity stunt), the boardroom summits between the owners.

I dunno, a lot of it seems engineered to an extent. That's the case with a lot of these docu-soap type things to be fair so admittedly not unique.

I was into it until they mentioned the change of colours. Didn't know that and couldn't believe they dared do it.

Also not on was the way the doc brushed over it as if it was no bug deal.

The kit change pissed off, I also don't get Gary neville saying 'we can have a pint and watch the game, where else can you do that? It's brilliant', yes, it is Gary, but why the fuck are you trying to get them to a place where it's no longer allowed, what's the point?

They're constantly talking about the next 15-20 years, they definitely seem to have a long term commitment.

I was all for it until the documentary tbh. If the people of Salford wanted higher league football they're surrounded by it, it's everywhere, from premier league to conference, all no more than 30 mins away. They have probably loved the club the way it was. I'm all for improvement and striving to be the best you can, but the kit change was totally unnecessary and unacceptable, it's not their kit to change for a start, and I think that probably signals the way it'll go in the future, with decisions based around £,  the same way as the premier league is, basically.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Nights like tonight are absolutely superb for the people of the club, no doubt, but I think them becoming a league club will take away everything that the fans who've been going for years enjoy.

It's a tricky problem though isn't it? What's the point of sport if you aren't trying to progress? I had that thought too but I guess they have to bring some professionalism. They don't just want to go and watch Salford, the want to develop it.

It is. Totally agree. The kit change sticks in the throat imo, terrible move by them.

Not really sure the English league system needs some tinpot club going up the leagues as a half vanity project, half reality TV show. Whole thing is an ego stroking freak show.

At any given time, there's usually a couple. Salford's ex-pro involvement just gives them a bit more publciity.