The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Oh great, Villa have dramatically improved straight away.

:lol: :lol: First game. Even we looked much improved in Carvers first half as manager against Burnley

:lol: Remember that s***?! I thought Carver might be on to something.

:lol: I was so excited. That killed off the following week or so.

Another goal by Iñaki Williams, I don't know how Athletic manages to extract so much talent from a 2 million population.

Who would win between the Basque region and Catalonia do you think?

Is that a serious question?

Yes. The Basque team would be f***ing class, Azpiliqueta, Martinez, Alonso, Herrera, Griezmann, Laporte, Llorente

?? If we're putting Griezemann there I guess Messi is part of the Catalonia team? And are we adding French-Basque players as well?

I already edited my post as I wasn't sure. Well they are part of Basque so yes I am counting them. Barca have bigger names no doubt but the Basque team would be more balanced IMO

Another goal by Iñaki Williams, I don't know how Athletic manages to extract so much talent from a 2 million population.

Yes. The Basque team would be f***ing class, Azpiliqueta, Martinez, Alonso, Herrera, Griezmann, Laporte, Llorente

?? If we're putting Griezemann there I guess Messi is part of the Catalonia team? And are we adding French-Basque players as well?

I already edited my post as I wasn't sure. Well they are part of Basque so yes I am counting them. Barca have bigger names no doubt but the Basque team would be more balanced IMO

:thup:

Iniesta has lived in Barcelona since he was bairn (and he moved for football reasons), but he was born in La Mancha. I wouldn't count him.

True, completely forgot about that.

Why woudn't it be?

They play each other quite often and the games are usually draws.

TBF they don't play quite often at all, while it's usually draws I don't doubt for a second if both had to play on the international stage that the Catalan team would be more successful.

Catalonia have bigger names but they're largely aging (Valdes and Xavi). Basque have more depth and better strikers. Basque team would probably be stronger if you include the French basque region (the Basque national team only includes the autonomous region within Spain.)

Fair enough, was thinking more in terms of last decade or so. I mean Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets ends that for me.

Yeah I'd agree 5 years ago the Catalan team would be stacked. Iniesta's not Catalan btw. He played once for Catalonia but that's only because they sometimes have guest players (Cruyff and a few others have played as well).

Why woudn't it be?

TBF they don't play quite often at all, while it's usually draws I don't doubt for a second if both had to play on the international stage that the Catalan team would be more successful.

Catalonia have bigger names but they're largely aging (Valdes and Xavi). Basque have more depth and better strikers. Basque team would probably be stronger if you include the French basque region (the Basque national team only includes the autonomous region within Spain.)

Fair enough, was thinking more in terms of last decade or so. I mean Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets ends that for me.

Yeah I'd agree 5 years ago the Catalan team would be stacked. Iniesta's not Catalan btw. He played once for Catalonia but that's only because they sometimes have guest players (Cruyff and a few others have played as well).

Aye :thup: Had forgotten about that. Isn't Bojan catalan though?

Why woudn't it be?

Aye. He always seems to turn out (and has a great record for) Catalonia as well.

Why woudn't it be?

He is, despite the name. Strong "Catalan redneck" accent too :D

So many good footballers in Spain :lol: What is the football club nearest to where Iniesta was born?

Sure I read he's got strong links with Albacete football team

EDIT: Turns out he's the owner

What a guy, probably my second favourite footballer ever

So many good footballers in Spain :lol: What is the football club nearest to where Iniesta was born?

Sure I read he's got strong links with Albacete football team

EDIT: Turns out he's the owner

Yeah, he started playing football there and bought the team when they were in dire straits.