The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

I thought Italian fans had boycotted football for years...

Well they certainly don't turn up in their droves likes morons if they feel they're getting a raw deal. Shame our fans didn't have the same backbone and ability to collectivize.

Italian football is filled with shitshow owners taking clubs for a ride (see Massimo Cellino at Leeds and imagine 2 divisions of clubs ran by the likes of him) and geriatric officials running the league in reverse. When they boycott they actually do it. Two curvas at the Olimpico both completely empty. Our fans have been pissed on by a tyrant for approaching a decade now and they all still lap it up week in, week out like a gaggle of fucking dullards.

Another goal by Iñaki Williams, I don't know how Athletic manages to extract so much talent from a 2 million population.

Who would win between the Basque region and Catalonia do you think?

Is that a serious question?

Oh great, Villa have dramatically improved straight away.

:lol: :lol: First game. Even we looked much improved in Carvers first half as manager against Burnley

Aye I know, was just hoping they would be getting hammered by now.

Me too for my fantasy team. Captaining Sterling is looking like a beautiful decision.

Another goal by Iñaki Williams, I don't know how Athletic manages to extract so much talent from a 2 million population.

Why woudn't it be?

They play each other quite often and the games are usually draws.

Yes. The Basque team would be fucking class, Azpiliqueta, Martinez, Alonso, Herrera, Griezmann, Laporte, Llorente

Edit: Actually not sure Griezmann is Basque

Why woudn't it be?

TBF they don't play quite often at all, while it's usually draws I don't doubt for a second if both had to play on the international stage that the Catalan team would be more successful.

Oh great, Villa have dramatically improved straight away.

:lol: :lol: First game. Even we looked much improved in Carvers first half as manager against Burnley

:lol: Remember that shit?! I thought Carver might be on to something.

Why woudn't it be?

TBF they don't play quite often at all, while it's usually draws I don't doubt for a second if both had to play on the international stage that the Catalan team would be more successful.

Catalonia have bigger names but they're largely aging (Valdes and Xavi). Basque have more depth and better strikers. Basque team would probably be stronger if you include the French basque region (the Basque national team only includes the autonomous region within Spain.)

Yes. The Basque team would be f***ing class, Azpiliqueta, Martinez, Alonso, Herrera, Griezmann, Laporte, Llorente

Edit: Actually not sure Griezmann is Basque

He's not

Yes. The Basque team would be f***ing class, Azpiliqueta, Martinez, Alonso, Herrera, Griezmann, Laporte, Llorente

?? If we're putting Griezemann there I guess Messi is part of the Catalonia team? And are we adding French-Basque players as well?

Why woudn't it be?

Catalonia have bigger names but they're largely aging (Valdes and Xavi). Basque have more depth and better strikers. Basque team would probably be stronger if you include the French basque region (the Basque national team only includes the autonomous region within Spain.)

Fair enough, was thinking more in terms of last decade or so. I mean Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets ends that for me.