The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Brummie, what about your Lambert esque first half? Worrying or a write off because you were up against a team that played their first half in the PL?

Nah, so many new players, barely played together. It's 45 minutes of football. Not really much to draw from that, and not much to draw from the second half, either, I'm just glad it isn't going to be like it was last year.

FWIW I think it would have been tricky for whoever had got drawn to play there today.

Smalling's voice :lol:

He sounds like he's inhaled a load of helium, then waited five minutes, and then spoken.

He sounds like the bloke in I'm Alan Partridge that speaks through the thing he has to hold up to his throat

Smalling's voice :lol:

He sounds like he's inhaled a load of helium, then waited five minutes, and then spoken.

He sounds like the bloke in I'm Alan Partridge that speaks through the thing he has to hold up to his throat

Or Gerry Adams in The Day Today.

I have to say, I am also starting to think there might be something to Sherwood beyond the wide boy front.

Spotted he needed to change something today, and did it. That's exactly the sort of thing Lambert would never have done.

I like your team man. Think you guys will get better and better. lots of dynamic, athletic players.

Think if Rudy started as the central figure ahead of Gabby, you would have looked much better.

Time to let Agbonlahor just come off the bench. The man is just not productive enough.

Looks like Ayew played wide rather than central, as he did last year in France. Noticed some decent play from him in the highlights. Hw do you think he did?

I have to say, I am also starting to think there might be something to Sherwood beyond the wide boy front.

Spotted he needed to change something today, and did it. That's exactly the sort of thing Lambert would never have done.

I like your team man. Think you guys will get better and better. lots of dynamic, athletic players.

Think if Rudy started as the central figure ahead of Gabby, you would have looked much better.

Time to let Agbonlahor just come off the bench. The man is just not productive enough.

Looks like Ayew played wide rather than central, as he did last year in France. Noticed some decent play from him in the highlights. Hw do you think he did?

I thought the match passed Ayew by, to be honest. The other signings did pretty well - esp Amavi and Gueye - though.

I wish we'd sell Gabby. He contributed today with his running, but it's just not enough, really.

Amavi is going to turn out to be a hell of a signing.

I am taking nothing for granted, but I like the sort of signings he has made. I'm totally unarsed about selling Delph as Gueye looks such an obvious shoe-in to replace him. I'd like another option up front and another centre back still, but there's time. I also thought Micah Richards was immense today.

Fuck knows what will happen, we might wind up 17th again, but thank fuck it can't be anything like as boring as last season and the one before.

Brummie, what about your Lambert esque first half? Worrying or a write off because you were up against a team that played their first half in the PL?

Nah, so many new players, barely played together. It's 45 minutes of football. Not really much to draw from that, and not much to draw from the second half, either, I'm just glad it isn't going to be like it was last year.

FWIW I think it would have been tricky for whoever had got drawn to play there today.

Agree that it was a tough opening game. But I'd be worried because I thought you guys were pathetic for a long time today.

I thought the match passed Ayew by, to be honest. The other signings did pretty well - esp Amavi and Gueye - though.

I wish we'd sell Gabby. He contributed today with his running, but it's just not enough, really.

I am taking nothing for granted, but I like the sort of signings he has made. I'm totally unarsed about selling Delph as Gueye looks such an obvious shoe-in to replace him. I'd like another option up front and another centre back still, but there's time. I also thought Micah Richards was immense today.

Fuck knows what will happen, we might wind up 17th again, but thank fuck it can't be anything like as boring as last season and the one before.

What do you think of Ciaran Clark? Always felt he was a bit dodgy in the past

Oh dear at everton's defending

Taken about 3 years for the "Everton, hard to break down" garbage to finally be disproven. We are incredibly easy to score against.

Not under Moyes you weren't.

Garbage as usual. We were consistently susceptible to any sort of shot from 20 yards, a total lack of closing down. We are persistently easy to attack against, and indeed score against.

No surprise a poor team had fun doing that.

Was one of the few to come out of last season with any credit. With him it depends massively who he's playing alongside, though.

Was one of the few to come out of last season with any credit. With him it depends massively who he's playing alongside, though.

:thup:

Agree that it was a tough opening game. But I'd be worried because I thought you guys were pathetic for a long time today.

We were much the better side in the second half, but you can't draw anything from 45 minutes, especially not the first day of the season, good or bad.

Although having watched Sunderland's highlights this evening, maybe you can.

Love Barkley, such a class player. Hope he can improve and become an England regular

:thup: He's an absolute class player, desperately needs to work on his decision-making.

Yeah he had like a minute there during the game where he gave the ball away three times. A lot of potential though.

Oh dear at everton's defending

Taken about 3 years for the "Everton, hard to break down" garbage to finally be disproven. We are incredibly easy to score against.

Not under Moyes you weren't.

Garbage as usual. We were consistently susceptible to any sort of shot from 20 yards, a total lack of closing down. We are persistently easy to attack against, and indeed score against.

No surprise a poor team had fun doing that.

What is your lot's take on Cleverley, Neil?

He was weird for us. Until about March, he was genuinely one of the worst, most anonymous players I've ever seen play for us. Then for about six games, he was absolutely brilliant. Then he went back to being rubbish the last few games of the season.

Cleverley comes across as one of those incredibly average players who manages to look ok because he chips in with a few goals every so often.

I dunno about that, seven league goals in five years.

Cleverley comes across as one of those incredibly average players who manages to look ok because he chips in with a few goals every so often.

Take it back then, he's just plain shit :lol:

Take it back then, he's just plain s*** :lol:

How about, he got a few games at Man Utd so he must be OK ?

Just saw the highlights from Norwich-CP. Really lucky to win that, few cracking saves for McCarthy, Norwich had a pretty clear penalty not given and goal disallowed. Nice goal from a corner tho for Palace