The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Leicester are like a Martin O'Neill Villa side, except tighter at the back, luckier with injuries, with a prolific striker and ten percent better at pretty much everything.

They haven't played very well in the last few of their games I've seen, but then again, playing poorly and still grinding out results is definitely a sign of a championship winning side

Ferguson's man United were brilliant at that

How the f*** are Leicester top of the Prem [emoji38]

There are about 12-15 better teams in this league, such a strange season.

No way like

Really? :lol: Take Mahrez and Kante out of that team and you are left with a relegation-battling side.

They have players playing far above their potential because of the situation they are in, similarly to when we were 5th. We didn't have the 5th best team in the league that year, we had one or two class players and a load of average ones playing above their stations.

The overrating of their players is unbelievable, they're really not very good :lol: Fair play to how they are playing etc. but nobody can tell me that their squad is any better than someone like Stoke or Everton.

EDIT - a key point in this is the fact that they've had a settled side all season with no injuries or suspensions.

Leicester are like a Martin O'Neill Villa side, except tighter at the back, luckier with injuries, with a prolific striker and ten percent better at pretty much everything.

They haven't played very well in the last few of their games I've seen, but then again, playing poorly and still grinding out results is definitely a sign of a championship winning side

Ferguson's man United were brilliant at that

Chelsea last season as well

No way like

Really? [emoji38] Take Mahrez and Kante out of that team and you are left with a relegation-battling side.

They have players playing far above their potential because of the situation they are in, similarly to when we were 5th. We didn't have the 5th best team in the league that year, we had one or two class players and a load of average ones playing above their stations.

The overrating of their players is unbelievable, they're really not very good [emoji38] Fair play to how they are playing etc. but nobody can tell me that their squad is any better than someone like Stoke or Everton.

Aye take their two best players off them because that's just a totally fair and reasonable thing to do

No way like

Really? :lol: Take Mahrez and Kante out of that team and you are left with a relegation-battling side.

The overrating of their players is unbelievable, they're really not very good :lol: Fair play to how they are playing etc. but nobody can tell me that their squad is any better than someone like Stoke or Everton.

EDIT - a key point in this is the fact that they've had a settled side all season with no injuries or suspensions.

They have players playing better than you'd expect because of the position they are in? That position being top of the league? And how did they get there?

No way like

Really? [emoji38] Take Mahrez and Kante out of that team and you are left with a relegation-battling side.

The overrating of their players is unbelievable, they're really not very good [emoji38] Fair play to how they are playing etc. but nobody can tell me that their squad is any better than someone like Stoke or Everton.

Aye take their two best players off them because that's just a totally fair and reasonable thing to do

Innit. Like taking the two best players off any club wouldn't have an impact.

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other for Leicester but what they've done in the last twelve months is absolutely remarkable and if they win will constitute one of the most Gobsmacking things in the English game for decades.

People get far too lost in the romance of their story to realise that they are not a very good team :lol:

There is a reason that they were 5000-1 to win the league.

I'm not talking about their results, their form or style of play - the players in their team are not very good but playing far above their abilities THIS SEASON.

Next season does anyone believe they'll be anywhere near the top of the league? the top four? even the top half? They'll be 15th-20th.

People get far too lost in the romance of their story to realise that they are not a very good team :lol:

I'm not talking about their results, their form or style of play - the players in their team are not very good but playing far above their abilities THIS SEASON.

Next season does anyone believe they'll be anywhere near the top of the league? the top four? even the top half? They'll be 15th-20th.

You don't get to be 7 points clear with 6 to play without being a very good team like.

Take the relative resources into account and what they're doing is absolutely sensational.

You don't get to be 7 points clear with 6 to play without being a very good team like.

Take the relative resources into account and what they're doing is absolutely sensational.

I'm not disputing this at all, if they win the league (or even finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th) - what they have done this season is incredible.

My point is, the players in that team are nowhere near as good as everyone seems to make out.

I'm not disputing this at all, if they win the league (or even finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th) - what they have done this season is incredible.

My point is, the players in that team are nowhere near as good as everyone seems to make out.

But surely even if they are playing above there stations, they're still playing well, and a player is only as good as his form, and if there form is good enough to have them top, then they are good players.

I'm not too sure that anyone is making a huge thing about their 'individual' players (Mahrez, Kante and Vardy aside maybe) and I see what you meant the sum of their total far outweighs the sum of the parts.

Well organised, well disciplined and immensely hard working...and a lot of them are having the season of their lives.

Agree about next season and the CL campaign could be very painful for them

But surely even if they are playing above there stations, they're still playing well, and a player is only as good as his form, and if there form is good enough to have them top, then they are good players.

This is the point I dispute, would Messi be a shit player if he went one season without a goal or assist? No, because he is awesome and everyone would know it is just a "blip" and he's actually world class.

Imagine the meltdown on here at the start of the season if we signed Marc Albreighton, Wes Morgan, or Danny Drinkwater :lol:

Playing spectacularly for one season does not make you a good player, good players do it year in year out.

Mentioned it before, but for someone with a username like 'Figures 1-0 Football' not to be enjoying what Leicester are doing is crazy. Might as well just go down the league, give the teams with the most expensive squads and biggest turnovers the top places in the league and just forget all about football.

I'm not too sure that anyone is making a huge thing about their 'individual' players (Mahrez, Kante and Vardy aside maybe) and I see what you meant the sum of their total far outweighs the sum of the parts.

Well organised, well disciplined and immensely hard working...and a lot of them are having the season of their lives.

Agree about next season and the CL campaign could be very painful for them

I think this is what I'm trying to say, probably not as well as you have summarised.

Mentioned it before, but for someone with a username like 'Figures 1-0 Football' not to be enjoying what Leicester are doing is crazy. Might as well just go down the league, give the teams with the most expensive squads and biggest turnovers the top places in the league and just forget all about football.

I'm enjoying the top of the league being very competitive, but I also like to see our teams be competitive in European competitions and I do not think Leicester will be next season. I'd rather West Ham (even though they are disgusting cretins) be in Leicester's position because I think their squad is much better and they'd be much more competitive next season in Europe.

Seeing Real Madrid thump Leicester 6-0 in front of that Lego stadium with those awful clappers next season will be grim.

I'll never understand why fans of English clubs who are not in the Champions League would want to see the teams that are do well.

It just skews the finances of the game even more.

Why would anyone possibly have any affinity for that sort of outcome?

Why give one tenth of one flying fuck if the Champions do abysmally in the CL?

I have to say, figures, that going through a team's squad and suggesting that the individuals aren't very good whilst ignoring the fact that they are living proof of the value of team work when you yourself have spent the last several years seeing week after week how a squad of decent players but no actual "team" is not enough is pretty insane.

No way like

Innit. Like taking the two best players off any club wouldn't have an impact.

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other for Leicester but what they've done in the last twelve months is absolutely remarkable and if they win will constitute one of the most Gobsmacking things in the English game for decades.

Since Forest I reckon. There's a Lesta lass at work and every week she's like :lol: wtf? We're going to win the league.

I'll never understand why fans of English clubs who are not in the Champions League would want to see the teams that are do well.

It just skews the finances of the game even more.

Why would anyone possibly have any affinity for that sort of outcome?

Why give one tenth of one flying fuck if the Champions do abysmally in the CL?

I have to say, figures, that going through a team's squad and suggesting that the individuals aren't very good whilst ignoring the fact that they are living proof of the value of team work when you yourself have spent the last several years seeing week after week how a squad of decent players but no actual "team" is not enough is pretty insane.

:thup: