The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Guest firetotheworks

Leicester City are going to win the premier league and with points to spare. I can't get my head around it, it makes the Mighty Ducks story look like Man City's. Even that as a comparison doesn't do it justice, it'll be nothing short of the greatest sporting achievement of all time. And they completely deserve it. 

If Leicester win the league, where does it rank in terms of all-time footballing upsets? They were 5000/1 ffs - I'm genuinely struggling to think of anything that compares.

Greece '04 is the only thing that comes close in my lifetime, I think, unless there's been some crazy upsets in the European domestic leagues I'm not aware of.

This is a substantially greater achievement than even that, however. A wonderful example to sport. Given the whole context, this has to be one of the greatest sporting achievements in modern history?

Guest firetotheworks

If Leicester win the league, where does it rank in terms of all-time footballing upsets? They were 5000/1 ffs - I'm genuinely struggling to think of anything that compares.

Greece '04 is the only thing that comes close in my lifetime, I think, unless there's been some crazy upsets in the European domestic leagues I'm not aware of.

This is a substantially greater achievement than even that, however. A wonderful example to sport. Given the whole context, this has to be one of the greatest sporting achievements in modern history?

Forest winning the league and then the European Cup is probably the one to beat, but I think football has changed so much that this surpasses that. Any team can win a cup competition and Greece aren't really that different to Wimbledon or Wigan in the FA Cup imo.

I don't know enough about all sports to properly comment, but from my knowledge it's right up there as one of the greatest achievements surely. With the level of money involved and the level of ability within their team this is a truly sensational feat. They've shown that the basics of passion, determination, resilience, organisation and a good work ethic are the foundations for what makes champions, champions. That touch of class here or there undoubtedly helps and they have that in the likes of Mahrez and to a slightly lesser extent Vardy. Ranieri has proven just how good he is too. Top, top stuff from LCFC.

I hated that Greek side, mind. Bored me to tears. I've loved watching Leicester this season, full of guts and determination.

I hated that Greek side, mind. Bored me to tears. I've loved watching Leicester this season, full of guts and determination.

Quite a bit of skill as well, I think people really underestimate their football. They remind me a bit of Liverpool under Benitez.

Guest Howaythetoon

Leicester winning the Premier League will be the biggest single success story in the history of English football. I'm well jealous, but I'm also delighted for everyone connected with the club because they actually deserve it and the game needs this. I work quite a bit in Leicester and there is a huge buzz about the place like with us under KK. Its special and this is what sport is really about or should be.

Leicester City are going to win the premier league and with points to spare. I can't get my head around it, it makes the Mighty Ducks story look like Man City's. Even that as a comparison doesn't do it justice, it'll be nothing short of the greatest sporting achievement of all time. And they completely deserve it. 

Not if Bernhard Langer wins the Masters at 58 tonight.

Leicester winning the Premier League will be the biggest single success story in the history of English football. I'm well jealous, but I'm also delighted for everyone connected with the club because they actually deserve it and the game needs this. I work quite a bit in Leicester and there is a huge buzz about the place like with us under KK. Its special and this is what sport is really about or should be.

:thup: That's what that lass at work says too, she was there last week and there are a couple of season ticket holders in her family, they are out of their minds with it all. :lol: Shit, man, that should have been us in 96.

No one in real life gives a flying fuck about that.

No one in real life gives a flying fuck about that.

:lol: