La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

Guest firetotheworks

Aye but Qatar and Madrid have everything wrapped up for the forseeable so you've got readjust your aims accordingly.

FFS.

Can you please explain to me what this comment is in reference to?

Don't really understand this new page wanker thing. Do people not just go to the first unread post in the thread and then continue reading from there?

same here :lol:

though i've got the forum set the opposite way to other people i think, i have the newest posts on the 1st page as opposed to at the end so always just go to page 1

this is why i like tapatalk, takes you right to the last post you read

Las Palmas have a bunch of cheap players coming from 2nd division but they can keep possession better than 12 or 13 premier league teams.

We seem to be keeping possession better today than we did in most games last season  :lol:

Looks like some good training work was put in over the summer.

• 5 weeks later...

The Spanish FA has refused to register 11 year old Boris Tchako, from Hercules, in the youth league. They suspect him and the club are lying about his age.

http://fotos02.diarioinformacion.com/2013/10/30/646x260/federacion-cree-1.jpg

http://cde.3.depor.pe/ima/0/0/1/1/9/119226.jpg

I wonder why.

• 1 month later...

More details have emerged about how the new tv contract works.

There are 1215 million to distribute (a big increase over the previous contract).

Of those...

A) 83% go to top division clubs (1008 million)

1) €22 million to each club.

2) €250 million in prize money, distributed according to a table averaging the 4 last seasons' finishes - weighted so the current season counts for more -. The top ranked club (currently us) would receive €40 million, the last club would receive a little over €500k.

3) €250 million distributed according to a formula that values TV audiences achieved (the biggest contributor), ST sales, state of facilities etc... top ranked clubs would receive €50m (that's us and Real Madrid), while lowest ranked clubs would receive €5m

Note that the figures don't add up to €1008m, the remainder will be distributed equally.

B) 10% go to second division clubs (120 million)

1) 70% in a fixed, equal amount.

2) 15% as prize money (same as first division)

3) 15% according to TV audiences, ST sales, facilites... (same as first division)

C) 3,5% in parachute payments for relegated clubs (€42,5m)

D) 2% to the Spanish FA (€24,3m)

1) 1% to fund the expenses of organizing the Copa del Rey

2) 1% to finance amateur football

(it will all get embezzled anyway)

E) 1% to the Spanish Sports Council - to be used to fund government support of other sports (€12,1m)

F) 0,5% shared between the Spanish Football Players Union and Segunda B teams (€6,07m)

These figures mean a decrease of around €20-€30 million for Real Madrid and Barça vs their current contracts. There was talk of an "insurance" so they couldn't receive less money until the contract grew sufficiently to accommodate their current TV earnings, but it's not alluded anywhere.