Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

er, i watched it live on US tv and thought (with a call), a competent keeper would have got there well before the 'lightening fast'  'Jella fella'.

Huge Mbemba fan but that's an absolute crock of shit. He didn't look where the keeper was, it was a wayward pass to the wrong end of the 6 yard box and Elliot if anything deserves credit for not giving away a penalty and getting himself sent off as that would have really fucked us.

er, i watched it live on US tv and thought (with a call), a competent keeper would have got there well before the 'lightening fast'  'Jella fella'.

Huge Mbemba fan but that's an absolute crock of s***. He didn't look where the keeper was, it was a wayward pass to the wrong end of the 6 yard box and Elliot if anything deserves credit for not giving away a penalty and getting himself sent off as that would have really f***ed us.

Fully agree with this.

Felt for Chancel, but also wondered whether Elliot could have been a bit sharper. A lot of us have been banging on about need for experienced big/strong CB; mainly to replace Colo. However, even though Colo's form has really picked-up, your right the option of taking Mbemba out of the firing line, perming two from three, still requires a new arrival. I'm a bit worried that Colo's upturn in form, in the same way as his pre-season contractual shenanigans, may scupper seeking a new arrival.

Huge Mbemba fan but that's an absolute crock of s***. He didn't look where the keeper was, it was a wayward pass to the wrong end of the 6 yard box and Elliot if anything deserves credit for not giving away a penalty and getting himself sent off as that would have really f***ed us.

Fully agree with this.

all true, however Mbemba is looking very good, slight steve howey syndrome in that his mistakes seem to cost goals when others make worse mistakes and get away with them.

Got high hopes for this lad, looks the real deal.

I like, I think overall hes been good for us, but a couple of things bother me about him and yesterday there were a couple of perfect examples.

It annoys me sometimes when we are keeping the ball on the floor he seems to prefer a long ball or pass which almost always ends up with us conceding possession, hes very capable with the ball at his feet and doesn't need to hoof it, not Williamson levels of hoofing mind but its something I've noticed.

Also when he marauds forward with the ball 75% of the time after taking on the first man well he misplaces a pass or gets dispossessed which often leads us to get caught on the break, we're lucky we haven't conceded from this thus far.

Very pleased with him so far though and feel the best is yet to come.

:lol: track back through these pages dude, the age debate has been done to death. Really like him and pleased he's here, but given he's on record as saying he thinks he was 'born in 1990' I'm plumping for that. Which also fits with how old he looks, to me (...though I am piss poor at guessing age).

Guest zicomartin

Thats what I thought on first watch, Elliot was 6 yards away from the penalty spot, Jelavic was on the edge of the D, about 10 yards away. 

Coloccini  was ball watching, so equally at fault, IMO.

Thats what I thought on first watch, Elliot was 6 yards away from the penalty spot, Jelavic was on the edge of the D, about 10 yards away. 

Coloccini  was ball watching, so equally at fault, IMO.

Equally at fault :papiss:

Guest zicomartin

Colo is still drinking his halftime Argentinian tea while Jelavic waltzes right past him, right about 2:00 mins. Enjoy. :)

snip

I know Mbemba's a favourite and people are kinda 50/50 on Coloccini but there's no way you blame Fabricio or Rob for that, all Mbemba, but he made up for it by hardly giving them a sniff the rest of the half

It was a poor mistake, but defenders do make ricks like that every now and then. Other than that he was outstanding.