Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Yes there have been good smaller centre half's but we are hardly in a position to have players with obvious flaws in their game.

Mbemba, who I rate, has cost us alot of goals from crosses and corners this year. Of course, next year we are playing against poorer opposition but he will encounter the same problem  (hopefully, just less of it).

I'd like an experienced centre half who is dominant in the air to play along side Lascelles. Mind you, none of it makes a difference if we can't keep the ball or protect our defenders.

For me - you have to be an exceptional player to be a CB who is not very good in the air and be worth a damn.

There are a lot of great centrebacks who are not excellent in the air and are still top class defenders. Mbemba has the physical side and makes a lot of great tackles. IMO he has a bright future. People tend to forget how shit our back 4 is and how much it has changed during this season.

Exactly. I don't remember Liverpool's centre backs being huge when Rafa was there, and they are not giants now either. I think you do need one big stopper though and we've not had that for about 6 years. A decent midfield in front of the back four can make all the difference as well.

We've not had a stopper type since Keegan got rid of Faye 8 years ago. We really have had a plethora of physically inept CBs since Bobby left.

He needs to start finding our players with his headed clearances though. Can see he tries most of the time, but fails too often and it ends up being given back in a dangerous position. Apart from that, he was class tonight.

Who will be left out when Colo is back? I can't see him not walking straight back in

While I'd previously have agreed with this...Rafa is the self-proclaimed: "I pick teams, not names". So I don't think I'd be so sure Colo would walk back in.

Maybe. I'm too used to seeing it first hand. I'll believe it when I see it :lol: