Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

• 1 month later...

How was it not a sending off when the lad kicked him in the head? :hmm:

I know 3-4-3 is all the rage, but there's a reason for that and I'd love to see us try it. I certainly think it would help Ritchie... because while he hasn't got the pace to be an effective out and out winger, and while we don't have good enough full-backs to allow him to work as an effective inside forward - he's got the stamina and tenacity to press and create as the RWB in that 3-4-3, as well as the discipline and aggression to get back effectively. He could still try his deep passes from that position, too.

We'd need someone like Kenedy on the other side, because he'd be familiar with the system for a start. But moreso because there's certainly no fucker in the current squad capable of such a role down that side currently. And we'd need that other central attacking player we do badly need.

------------------------- Elli :anguish: t ---------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

------- Mbemba -- Lejeune ---- Clark ----------

Ritchie --------------------------------------- Kenedy

--------------- Hayden ----- Shelvey ----------------

----------- Perez ----------------- No Idea -----------

------------------------- Joselu ---------------------------

Guest firetotheworks

Yedlin would definitely suit that role, but Ritchie seems completely unsuitable to me. Nowhere near enough pace or defensive nous imo.

Guest Bordertoon

Yedlin would definitely suit that role, but Ritchie seems completely unsuitable to me. Nowhere near enough pace or defensive nous imo.

Yes, perhaps Yedlin could replace Ritchie in that formation, and Ritchie could replace No Idea, despite the latter being one of our most promising prospects this season.

We'd better send this thread express to Rafa ...

id stick yedelin in for ritchie and aarons or murphy in the no idea space. Think they both have goals in them.

im 50/50 on Joselu or Mitrovic. But id be tempted to sell Richie and Gayle if we got decent offers. Or had any chance of spending the 20 to 25 million we might get on a decent forward

Guest Bordertoon

Probably our best player today, and certainly in our top 3. Like many others, I don't understand why Rafa seems to rate him so poorly, but I'm gracious enough to err on the side of caution and concede that Rafa might know a little bit more about football than I do  :shifty:

Mbemba defended okay, but he looks incapable of providing a threat in the final third so I wouldn't want him playing at fullback regularly given that Rafa seemingly wants his fullbacks to help a great deal when attacking in wide areas.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like him, he's a good footballer but has brain fart moments. I don't think he's suited to how Rafa like to play, I noticed Rafa was constantly barking instructions at him more than others from what I saw on the box.