Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

He's just a good defender, you can put him anywhere along the back four and he'll do a job for you. Thought he started poorly today, gave the ball away cheaply but once again grew into the game, thought he was maybe a little less than 100% fit. Not in any hurry for the return of Dummett like.

:joey: The song isn't as good when you work that in.

Reminds me of when Rafa played Carragher at full back.

I always thought he started off at full back and was a bit of a utility man before Rafa partnered him with Hyypia

Was a D(RLC) on fm if I recall in his earlier days if that confirms your story.

Case closed

He didn't play much because he wasn't listening and following Rafa's instructions closely enough. Rafa is always going to not look kindly on that. I presume he's had it drilled better into him now.

In taht game, Wolves at home, Mbemba was right.

Chancel is a highly rated young player, who had been a consistent starter in the Premier League and an important player for his country before Rafa arrived. You would think that most players in this position last season, disregarded by the manager in a division probably beneath their level, would be causing a fuss and publicly complaining, yet he's stayed the course and is now back in the first team. It speaks to his mentality as well as his talent. For the first time in a while, NUFC has serious defensive depth and it is brilliant to see.

Really don't get the Paul Dummet hate train like :lol:

I like Dummett, but I simply don't rate him at all. On this level a player has to be able to play and handle a football, no matter what position. We look so much more balanced being able to start our attacks from the left as well, and not just from the right through Yedlin/whoever. Said it a hundred times before that having someone like Dummett makes us so easy to read for the opposition during our build up play. The opposition know from an early stage that if they press us correctly the ball will end up on our right 9/10 and then they can move the the team and press hard on that side which in return also makes it hard for us to find space on the right hand side.

Much better balance now as we can use both flanks more effectively, and I'm not surprised that Atsu looks more involved now. Also, I think Yedlin will look even better this season than the last because it's going to be less crowded on the right hand side as we will and can use the left side of the pitch much better without Dummett, and also switch play more effectively. Dummett's lack of ability forced him to play it sideways or back to a CB nine times out of ten and that gives the opposition so much extra time to get organized and limit our options after having to start over from the back.