York City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/7/15 @ 7.45 pm BST

Nobody

I would love to see Newcastle develop a Bobby Robson Cup.

Every year or two, NUFC, one of Robson's other English clubs, and two of his European clubs.

Good mix of teams and interest for the supporters.

Agreed.

Every year or two, NUFC, one of Robson's other English clubs, and two of his European clubs.

Agreed.

it would probably end up as the SD trophy or the Wonga cup

Re Perez and de Jong

At the moment I can't see either starting. Not necessarily on merit/ability, but on probable formation and current squad (however, still think there are comings and goings). I'm assuming a 4,2,3,1, as default formation. I'll skip the '4'  bit, as 50% of it still too worrying (fingers crossed Mbemba today). Tiote, Colback and Anita seem like the two starters and sub for the '2'. Gini is after the centre role of the '3' ( like a no. 10)  he could play him on the left but given  his goal scoring and preferences, I expect him to get a run where he is strongest (de Jong as cover). Sissoko (if still here) will be used on the right; Aarons pips Perez, IMO, and has earned a run in the left role. Mitrovic is the '1' - let's hope that statement proves prophetic!

I WBS if Sissoko, Tiote, Cisse, and Colo departed in August. With two clear 'starters' coming in (CB and RW/CF).

P.S. It's funny trying to fit everybody in, reminded me how many good players  (I think ) we have.

Good analysis, if I may say. I'm not sure how the attack will shape up, but even without any new signings, we do have some options.

We've got to cut out shipping goals. Another CB to partner Mbemba would make a big difference, but the back four need some protection and I don't think either Tiote or Anita have the all-round quality to fill that role. One can't pass, the other can't tackle.

I assume that the 'S' in WBS means 'satisifed' rather than 'sorry'. Google wasn't much help to me there.

Apols mate: s= surprised

That idea is so good, makes me suddenly want to strip off me kit and kick advertising hoardings! Can't think why...