Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Don't think I saw it. It just feels (although I know fans of every club think this) that countless times I've seen an opposition player on a yellow do something like that and be given another chance.

The contact was minimal for his first card.

To be homest sissoko has been helping him out loads by doubling up on montero so Schetve and team have recognised this. Stupid tackle and really unprofessional. Three points down the tube...

Can't fault McClaren for Janmaat being a f***ing idiot imo. Silly second yellow to take!

Janmaat had a few niggly tackles before the sending off, it always looked likely that he was going to walk at some point and McClaren should have seen that.

I think McClaren saw this as well! Maybe he thought that Janmaat wouldn't be this fucking stupid though? Might have planned to take him out at half time.

I sincerely hope McClaren's going to drop some of the preconceived ideas he clearly had about some of our shockingly shit playing staff.

And also while there's still plenty of time in the transfer window to fix it.

Did McClaren even watch 5 mins of the Chelsea/Swansea game last week? Montero pissed on Ivanovic for an hour in that game. Maybe, just maybe, Janmaat could have used some cover while acting like a tit.

Used some cover? Did he need cover when he needlessly fouled him in the Swansea half like? It was just shit from Janmaat, nothing else.

Just got back in. I see the usual shit from a british manager in terms of selection.

Fucking shite! They better get 3 top class players in or it's going to be a drag until the January window.

Nothing like giving him a chance or anything.

Not when Obermong's selected 2 games in a row no.

He hasn't been near our biggest problem is either game

The bastard irony of it all is that Obertan has done more than Sissoko and Cisse combined x 10.

Sissoko is back to his general buffoonery, and the less said about Cisse th ebetter. he enrages me.

We are down to ten men, and so Cisse's inability to keep the ball is even more dangerous. Please take him off now.

Good 40 minutes from Janmaat. Plays Gomis on, gets skinned by Montero constantly, two dumb yellows, and that's that.

We are still miles away from being competitive with teams like Swansea. 2-2 draw with Southampton at home looks a lot less appealing now that they've played their 2nd game.

Need new ideas. We already look stale.

I sincerely hope McClaren's going to drop some of the preconceived ideas he clearly had about some of our shockingly shit playing staff.

Yep, needs to get on with it. We all knew this was going to be painful, but it's so much more fun when you're watching players with potential and not Obertan.

Can't fault McClaren for Janmaat being a f***ing idiot imo. Silly second yellow to take!

Janmaat had a few niggly tackles before the sending off, it always looked likely that he was going to walk at some point and McClaren should have seen that.

What's McClaren meant to do, like?

Don't think I saw it. It just feels (although I know fans of every club think this) that countless times I've seen an opposition player on a yellow do something like that and be given another chance.

The contact was minimal for his first card.

Should never have been given that first card, but that pull back was just so blatant..

Aye it's not like we have a 2nd right back to choose.

Sub him?

Sub him?

:lol: Righto. Not a manager in the league would've done that.

Guest Gino14

Amazing that every Newcastle fan in the world looks at this game and thinks 'we need to deal with Montero' and yet our management don't even seem to have looked at him.  This would be the game to have a more defensive player on the right and protect Janmaat, because we've been absolutely murdered down that side so far and we've paid the price.  This could well be 3 or 4-0 by the end.  Great start to the season as usual, and many difficult games to come in the weeks ahead.

Thought the same, but then Sissoko did start getting back and doubling up on him. Janmaat being sent off was his own daft fault.

Definitely his fault, not sure what he was thinking, but we were being roasted there regardless.  Montero surely has to be attracting some attention now at bigger clubs, he looks brilliant from what I've seen of him.

Our biggest problem right now is still our pre season.  I don't think it's prepared the team in a way that has made everyone available to McClaren from the first day onwards.  I do think soon we'll see Aarons or Perez with Mitrovic starting in games to come.  Maybe De Jong too if he isn't totally crocked.

Early in the season as it is, this is an important half-time talk and  chance to see SMc's planning. Times like this you get a great idea of the strength of character in your squad; who is prepared to dig in, up for the fight, refuses to lie down. Howay the lads!