Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Sat 22nd August @ 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

This team, Palace and the Mackem are the teams to beat this season. Mackems, Pardew, van Gaal and Froggy all deserve to rot.

:lol: Out of the teams you mentioned you might get a point at home to Sunderland.

No chance on Saturday. :p

Just me who's a little bit worried that one of Perez/Aarons might not even make the bench now that we've signed Thauvin? Obertan should be the one imo. (crow foot will probably even start)

suspect mclaren will try and play safe here picking 'established' players like obertan for their experience and the game will be over before it's begun

i'd play

krul

mbemba taylor colo haidara

anita  sissoko wijnaldum

thauvin                    aarons

mitrovic

i'm assuming dummett isn't fit or i'd have him in instead of haidara, if sissoko is out then ginger jack in obvs :anguish:

basically try and play it like that time we beat them under pardew, get them all in as a solid unit with the 2 wide players under explicit instructions to cover their fullbacks and then when we get the ball hit them like fuck on the break with the ball into mitrovic and people running off him

hence sissoko in the middle with the main job of supporting attacks, followed by wijnaldum...if it's colback, anita & obertan we're done like, no point switching on imo

Sissoko and jaanmat out, we need to frighten them (or try to) with some pace and power i.e. Aaarons, flaurian & mitrovic.

If not i think we will be rather funky doodle doooed!

I'm not so sure if we need loads of pace. Apart from when they played Brugge the other day they have never really went out to attack teams that well, they have sat back a lot trying to retain possession. If we we go at them then that's where we will get hurt, on the break. We need to make the most of any opportunity to counter attack instead of taking the game to them.

In saying that McClaren usually shines more in these types of games and has decent amounts of success at OT.

Sissoko and jaanmat out, we need to frighten them (or try to) with some pace and power i.e. Aaarons, flaurian & mitrovic.

I'm not so sure if we need loads of pace. Apart from when they played Brugge the other day they have never really went out to attack teams that well, they have sat back a lot trying to retain possession. If we we go at them then that's where we will get hurt, on the break. We need to make the most of any opportunity to counter attack instead of taking the game to them.

In saying that McClaren usually shines more in these types of games and has decent amounts of success at OT.

Would we not use the pace for the counter, otherwise what's the point?

:lol:

if you play De Jong you HAVE to play Wijnaldum behind him and you HAVE to play Aarons and Thauvin. Basically what I'm getting at is De Jong + Mitro need basically 3 pacy guys around them which includes a box to box and 2 wingers.

Bastian finally fit to start? Where is Rojo?

Quite possibly. If he's still not quite fit it'll be Carrick again. Rojo is still on his way back but is available for selection and might make the bench.

That wasn't my point, my point was that we should seek to counter attack and not take the initiative to them. In their two PL matches they haven't exactly broke teams down well.

If Sissoko is out:

Mbemba Taylor Colo Haidara

Wijnaldum Anita

Thauvin Perez/De Jong Aarons

Mitrovic

Is the team I'd play.

Agree with this.

Sounds good! Might as well give it a go. We're nowhere near good enough defensively to park a bus.

Unlike Tottenham and Villa, a bit of shoot on sight might be worth a go against their new keeper.

Guest hbarecall

suspect mclaren will try and play safe here picking 'established' players like obertan for their experience and the game will be over before it's begun

i'd play

krul

mbemba taylor colo haidara

anita  sissoko wijnaldum

thauvin                    aarons

mitrovic

i'm assuming dummett isn't fit or i'd have him in instead of haidara, if sissoko is out then ginger jack in obvs :anguish:

basically try and play it like that time we beat them under pardew, get them all in as a solid unit with the 2 wide players under explicit instructions to cover their fullbacks and then when we get the ball hit them like f*** on the break with the ball into mitrovic and people running off him

hence sissoko in the middle with the main job of supporting attacks, followed by wijnaldum...if it's colback, anita & obertan we're done like, no point switching on imo

Why taylor  :coolsmiley: :shifty: janmaat red card

Where is mike W.