Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Sat 22nd August @ 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

Krul

Mbemba Taylor Curly Haidara

Rollback

Anita    Wijnaldum

Thauvin                        Aarons

Mitrovic

0-2 win

Why on earth would you play Thauvin, a left winger, on the right.  He will be cutting in at every opportunity to get the ball on his left peg, so no crosses from the right for Mitro.

Because he's played more as a right-winger in his career, no? Genuine question mark btw.  O0

Aye, I thought he was a right winger??

Guest palnese

McClaren needs to go back to Old Trafford and put out a team to win. Not a damage limitation defeatist Pardew team.

Pardew won at OT for the first time in 40 years or something.

McClaren needs to go back to Old Trafford and put out a team to win. Not a damage limitation defeatist Pardew team.

Scoring 1 goal and defending for 89 other minutes.

I expect Taylor at CB. Brothers Sideways together. Obertan to start. I hope Mitro starts and I can see it.

IYAM there's nee chance Mitro starts this one like. After his two bookings I'm sure we'll be worried his cards will be marked, and with that in mind, Old Trafford isn't exactly the ideal place to get your first start.

David Moyes lost for the first time against Newcastle in 40 years is how i see it.

Guest palnese

Scoring 1 goal and defending for 89 other minutes.

That's usually how you beat the best teams away from home.

Not that we defended for 89 miniutes that day. If memory serves we were the better side.

Looking forward to it. We're going to shock the world.

:lol: between djmatiss and KaKa, that glass doesn't know whether it's half empty, half full, a quart or a pint pot! Looking forward to it myself. Anticipation often the best part, of my experience of being a Newcastle supporter, sadly. Howay the lads, the Mancs don't like it up 'em!