Newcastle United vs Northampton Town - League Cup - Tues 25th Aug 19:45 (no TV)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We need to win, score some goals, improve communication between new teammates, work on match fitness and gain confidence.

Full f***ing strength please.

Totally agree

Guest reefatoon

"Strongest team possible". Remember Carver putting out his "strongest team possible" against Leicester in the cup last season.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/Chairman_Maouth/Expressions/84085-seinfeld-shudder-cringe-gif-im-zgoa_zpsjt9yzdt3.gif

Cup games against lower tier teams should be used to play players like Aarons, De Jong, Lascelles, Darlow and Tiote when they don't hold a starting position in the league games.

If we can't beat Northampton with a team including those players in addition to others whom have played regularly from start this season, then we don't deserve to be in the cup anyway. I wouldn't critisise anyone for not taking the cup seriously if we played those players. If we lose, the critisim will rather be aimed towards other things such as tactics and motivation from management and commitment from players.

If we're not going to at least play people like Aarons, De Jong, Tiote, etc then there's no point in having a squad. If these players are going to be needed for injuries, suspensions, lack of form, different tactics, etc, then these need to have a level of match fitness where they're ready to step in. If Northampton isn't that chance then they're never going to play. U21 matches aren't going to cut it.

We're not talking Hughton at Peterborough or Pardew at Brighton levels of team selections.

Before every cup game for the past 4 years the players have been told don't play too hard lest you lose the next league game , hopefully mcclaren sees through this nonsense and wants us to win every game. Confidence gained in cup feeds back into league and vice versa.

Thing is though, we're in a position now where we can bring in some players from the bench on Saturday (Thauvin, Darlow, Cisse, Aarons, De Jong, Tiote) and still be a strong side. In the past, we'd make those five changes and it'd be absolute shite coming into the side.

I have a feeling it'll be:

Darlow; Anita, Mbemba, Taylor, Haidara; Colback, Tiote; Aarons, De Jong, Thauvin; Cisse

Seems daft to play Cisse over Mitrovic at this point like.  Plus Obertan can run for DAYS, so he'll probably still play. I also think it's more likely we play some rando 12 year old at right back. Maybe that pink cheeked scouse fucker.

Thing is though, we're in a position now where we can bring in some players from the bench on Saturday (Thauvin, Darlow, Cisse, Aarons, De Jong, Tiote) and still be a strong side. In the past, we'd make those five changes and it'd be absolute s**** coming into the side.

I have a feeling it'll be:

Darlow; Anita, Mbemba, Taylor, Haidara; Colback, Tiote; Aarons, De Jong, Thauvin; Cisse

Need Perez in there imo.

Looked online, apparently this bong eyed t*** is a "right sided defender".

http://i.imgur.com/NvPHDQI.jpg

I'm sure he'll be fine for Northampton, alongside some proper defenders.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm definitely pinching bong eyed twat

We need to win, score some goals, improve communication between new teammates, work on match fitness and gain confidence.

Full f***ing strength please.

Amen.

It's a chance for the first team to really get some confidence and continue working on improving their play.

Whatever McClaren is anticipating being the first team needs to be out there.