Newcastle United vs Northampton Town - League Cup - Tues 25th Aug 19:45 (no TV)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

That team goes against what he was saying the other day, I wonder if he was just trying to sell tickets?

It's a strong side on balance imo. Gouffran and Williamson never make any sense but you can see the logic in every other position.

That team goes against what he was saying the other day, I wonder if he was just trying to sell tickets?

What was it he said?

He said he's play his strongest team, while still thinking about the game at the weekend. I'm happy with the team, we actually have strength in depth for a change, and that is a strong enough team that should be able to dispatch Northampton with relative ease. Like many have said, its more the mentality that the players have, that will determine if things have changed regarding the cups.

I'm pretty sure it'll actually be 4-1-4-1

I think so too.

Either way Gouffran is a CM.

Thauvin who can play no 10 could be central alongside De Jong and Gouffran out wide. Seems completely daft to me but at least not defensive mid

I think so too.

Thauvin who can play no 10 could be central alongside De Jong and Gouffran out wide. Seems completely daft to me but at least not defensive mid

:lol: It's an official club graphic against Northampton Town. I'm fairly sure it's going to be accurate. I severely doubt we're playing mind games.

So much :anguish: in that team. That back seven (Janmaat excluded) is going to struggle to get the ball to the front four if Northampton put any pressure on us.

Think you're somewhat overestimating the quality of the cobblers.

Famous last words.

I think so too.

:lol: It's an official club graphic against Northampton Town. I'm fairly sure it's going to be accurate. I severely doubt we're playing mind games.

It doesn't have to be mind games, it only takes mcclaren or an assistant not taking the time to explain the formation to the graphics guy. Or just outright incompetence. This is us after all