Newcastle Utd 4 - 1 Northampton Town - 25/08/15 - Link to highlights in OP

Dave

lascelles has been pretty terrible, darlow looks nervous. tiotes trying to do too much as usual. sdj linking play well and aarons hasn't done much

It would be quite an achievement if we have signed someone worse than Williamson.

lascelles has been pretty terrible, darlow looks nervous. tiotes trying to do too much as usual. sdj linking play well and aarons hasn't done much

With lascelles, do you think he'll improve or does he seem a bit of a donkey?

Lascelles is bit of a worry, he was poor in the pre-season by all accounts as well. You'd expect him to be comfortable in a game like this. Early yet though I suppose, young kid an all

What lies below the surface for us at CB is worrying like, that is without even considering how much work it already needs

Lascelles is bit of a worry, he was poor in the pre-season by all accounts as well. You'd expect him to be comfortable in a game like this. Early yet though I suppose, young kid an all

To be fair, he has Williamson beside him and Tioté + Gouffran in front of him. I thought he'd be better when we got him though.

To be fair, he has Williamson beside him and Tioté + Gouffran in front of him. I thought he'd be better when we got him though.

Good point, those players (particularly Williamson and Tiote who you'd expect to be showing to receive the ball) don't help anyone, least of all an inexperienced and nervous new CB trying to make an impression.