Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Don't know people make out defending is an individual game anyway, part of the reason we looked more solid defensively against Man Yoo was because the midfield gave the defense better protection. Had very little to do with the back 4 itself.

Your right that we defended better as a team, but Colo and co cut out so many through balls before they got to their target that you can't simply ignore that. Our defendera played a big role in getting a point.

Have a f***ing go at these man, we're at home, we just smashed Northampton, we just tied Man Utd away. Have a f***ing go.

If Sissoko is fit you start him, Wijnaldum and Anita in midfield. You start Thauvin and Perez wide and Mitrovic up top. If Sissoko is not fit then Siem should take the #10 role to link things up and string it all together and have Wijnaldum paired with Anita. Our attacking 4-5 players can inflict damage on anyone and its people like Thauvin who can get the stadium rocking man.

I think i love you....

j

Bum me.

Arsenal's Olivier Giroud reveals secret behind amazing goalscoring run against Newcastle

The France international has already netted eight times against the Magpies.

Arsenal travel to St James' Park for the lunchtime kick off on Saturday (12:45pm).

And Giroud admits he loves playing against Steve McClaren's side.

"You want obviously to continue the good momentum,” Giroud told the club's official website.

“For me it will be a bit special, but the main thing is to return to London with the three points.

I am not going to say [why I do well against Newcastle] because then there are no more secrets - I need to keep them for me!

"It is maybe luck or I don’t know, but I really want to keep scoring against them and help the team win the three points.

“It doesn’t matter who scores, but if it is me I will be really happy because it is always nice for a striker to score."

top journalism

my Arsenal supporting mate dreads playing us every year, "if we come up there and you guys get going...anything can happen" - he generally points to our Chelsea wins as the reason for this too :lol:

my Arsenal supporting mate dreads playing us every year, "if we come up there and you guys get going...anything can happen" - he generally points to our Chelsea wins as the reason for this too :lol:

Tbf if I experienced that 4-4 on the other side it would probably have scared me for life. :lol:

As it is though :megusta:

His genuine top 5 fear in football in PL against teams is SJP rocking and it being one of those crazy matches (IE: Chelsea, Man Utd, etc) where the team comes alive, the crowd is going nuts, etc. He's far more knowledgeable and is my mate so he has the utmost respect for what we used to be under SBR and what we could be with the right owner/investment etc.