Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest antz1uk

i've said it time and time again... for all the shitty talk of Leeds and Portsmouth... there's Leicester & Southampton,  i'd like to take my chances that this purgatory shit we're currently floating around in, getting shafter every week and made to look like complete and utter fools

Every season we manage to stay in the PL and keep rolling on the gravy train will be taken as a confirmation by him that his plan and his method is correct.  He needs a relegation or two not just to shove in his face and hope he buggers off but also to show him that competitive elite level sport can't be treated like a shitty discount sports goods store.

This puppy needs his nose pressed into the shit he's dropped on our carpet.  Bring it on, as low as it takes.

It's not like. You all assured me things would change for the better when Pardew left. Then again when Carver left.

We've been a nothing club ever since this man took over and we'll remain that way until he leaves. Haven't been to a single semi-final in 8 years. Only 1 European campaign. You guys can sit here and wish he tries to make us a top 10 team with the odd cup run but I need better standards.

"Do you want NUFC to be relegated?"...I'm now wondering if the players and/or mcclaren actually do. Not sure what mcclaren would gain from it, but I think it's a viable thing for the players. They'd still get moves to other top league clubs.

It's not like. You all assured me things would change for the better when Pardew left. Then again when Carver left.

We've been a nothing club ever since this man took over and we'll remain that way until he leaves. Haven't been to a single semi-final in 8 years. Only 1 European campaign. You guys can sit here and wish he tries to make us a top 10 team with the odd cup run but I need better standards.

So that only applies to Mike Ashley then does it? You can ensure we wouldn't be Championship dross with a team full of Paul Dummetts playing in a league with other dead clubs in half empty stadiums trapped in purgatory?

You can ensure us that if we get relegated we will have more than 1 European campaign in the next 8 years. LOL.

If it would mean getting rid of Ashley.  Then yes, of course.

Seeing as there is no guarantee of that.  Then I'm going for no. 

I voted No.  But the more I think about it.  The more undecided I am. 

I think everyone would say yes if that was guaranteed.

I've moved beyond yes or no really, I can't be bothered to form an opinion on most things about the club anymore.

I've moved beyond yes or no really, I can't be bothered to form an opinion on most things about the club anymore.

Very much this.

From my own POV relegation would probably mean that I more or less stop watching games, as the means to do so won't be there and so the cycle of being a relatively keen and enthusiastic supporter to an armchair fan would be complete.

Agree with you both there. 

I went to loads of games last time we were in the Championship.  As I had an ST and I naively thought we might get promoted and things would change.  Oh how wrong I was.....  Not a chance I'd keep going to games home and away this time.  I can't even remember the last game I went to!

All that said.  We were on Sky loads last time.  So maybe they'd keep showing our games again and the masochists would still be able to watch.

Very much this.

From my own POV relegation would probably mean that I more or less stop watching games, as the means to do so won't be there and so the cycle of being a relatively keen and enthusiastic supporter to an armchair fan would be complete.

Same for me really, I basically couldn't follow us if we went down, except by going to the odd away game which I probably wouldn't do.

Very much this.

Same.

Whether people want the club to be relegated or not really doesn't matter now because the harsh truth is that the club is GOING to be relegated unless major changes occur and the sort of changes required are NOT going to happen.

Clearly, Ashley is going to stick with his useless management team for as long as he possibly can and while that happens the club is heading for Championship football. It isn't only McClaren who needs to go, Charnley and Carr have BOTH proved themselves either useless and out of their depth, or yesterday's men and the players know this...they can turn in crap performances week in, week out safe in the knowledge that they won't be displaced in the side.

The foul stench of apathy and failure hangs over the club like a blight and Ashley is probably incapable - and certainly unwilling - to rectify this.

Whilst this situation prevails, the club is dropping like a stone.

Guest antz1uk

i've just penned this as an article, more out of frustration that anything, will probably not get published as it's more me just wittering on, but thought i'd share in here anyway

Is relegation the only saviour for Newcastle United?

When I’m of the opinion that consecutive relegations may be the only thing that can save Newcastle United, then I know it must really be desperate, and desperate times take desperate measures

Before you all go all crazy at me such as… you want us to do a Leeds or Portsmouth etc? let’s just dispel a few myths

First of all both Portsmouth and Leeds United spent well above their means and it was that over enthusiasm in chase of success that lead to their demise, one thing you cannot have any concerns about when it comes to Newcastle United! All I/we want is for us to compete. Secondly, for every Portsmouth or Leeds there’s a Southampton or Leicester, you see where I’m going with this? Now you go and find a fan of either of those clubs and ask them if they’d swap places with us, I’m sure I know what their answer would be, they will have enjoyed the journey at their own respective clubs far more than ourselves since Mike Ashley bought our club.

Let’s just roll the clock back a little, May 2007, Mike Ashley had just taken a controlling stake of NUFC and I was forced to do something I had never even thought about, sell my shares I’d held for so many years, that at the most I think they ever gave me was a dividend of about 7 quid or was it 12?

At that time Leicester City had just escaped relegation from the Championship, Southampton FC had just missed out on promotion from the Championship and a club called AFC Bournemouth were getting crowds of 3/4000 having just escaped relegation from League 1.

That’s just how far NUFC have regressed. At least their owners, boards, managers have tried to better themselves since that same period, improved upon, built up good foundations and tried to be the best they could, whereas us.. Or should I say Mike Ashley’s ‘NUFC’ has tried to do the polar opposite. He has stripped away all leaders of men, any subordinates that may challenge his ethos to the point where there is zero hope or ambition and replaced it all with nothing but an acceptance of failure and mediocrity.

No desire or aspiration but to stay on the gravy train that is the Premier league, one of the best brands in the world might I add? such as it’s that great a brand that no one can see the wood for the trees and the longer NUFC stays in the Premier league, the longer we will be an absolutely nothing club just plodding along in purgatory for the guaranteed £100m share of that huge TV deal, for what? The ground is like a morgue, the players don’t care like you or I do, they just want that move to a Champions league club. Newcastle United is a shadow of its former self, a parody of a football club and I see no way of it improving for a very long time.

But it’s Steve McClaren’s fault I hear some of you say. No it isn’t. he is just another symptom of the cause, a nothing ‘Coach’ that cannot manage a football club, a yes man that was pretty much in his last chance saloon and grateful for a job at a so called ‘big club’ Newcastle United is no longer a big club, Newcastle United is just a marketing tool for a former little known sporting goods store called Sports & Soccer, look at how that empire has grown if you want to see success!

We don’t expect to win the league, goodness knows the elite teams have made sure of that, but at least we could try to give things our best shot, try for a cup, aim for Europe, and be the best we possibly could. Just take a look at the top of the Premier League for a moment. Does that remind you of anyone? For Newcastle United to succeed again, well at least try to succeed (we are a patient bunch and don’t let any lazy stereotyping journalists try to tell you any different) the only way that can happen is for OUR club to be rid of Mike Ashley, and for that to happen it has got to offer zero monetary value to the only love in is life… his cheap, jumble sale style tat emporium

The only way that can happen is for Newcastle United to be relegated, not once, but possibly twice! Shock, horror! I hear you say, your mouths open aghast at such a ridiculous thought! If we were to get relegated once, to the championship then bounce straight back up, he has already shown he can weather that storm; he will take the hit financially for a season due to the money the Premier league coverage generates his Sporting goods empire.

If you want Newcastle United to get back to its former years of at least giving it a go, being exciting to watch and to feel those hairs stand up on the back of your neck when you walk into that ground and the team that we all have so much hope for takes to the centre circle, then do something about it. Don’t go, stop putting the money in his pocket to the point that he knows no matter what he does, those ‘loyal’ fans will still turn up. Make a stand, make Newcastle UNITED again and to do that you must stop going and hope that something extremely desperate happens in order for us to take back our club.