Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yep- cant bring myself to want it- but hurt?, not much really unlike the last and the one before that killed me.... funny thing is the people who will really hurt/ who will cry on the TV are the ones still attending- those who are maintaining the direction- but they wont be told that. :dontknow:

Us Villa and the mackems stink out the league along with perhaps WBA, totally pointless clubs with zero ambition whose football is awful and whose existence in the PL is taking up the places of 3 or 4 clubs lower down who would love to be in the division and to make a go of doing well in it. The 3 promoted clubs have been a breath of fresh air and over the years we have seen a steady rise of clubs coming up not just going up and hoping to stay up but going up to compete. I hope we go down and stay down until a new owner is in place.

:thup:

WBA? Seems harsh imo

Would genuinely find it somewhat hilarious given that Ashley thought coming on TV and finally spending some money on a ragtag bunch of players would be a plaster on the tumour that is NUFC.

For the city, the region (assuming Mackems go too) and those that still care too much it's a disaster but hopefully it would lead to a stronger NUFC for me, one that I grew up caring and loving.

Whether it happens or not I don't think I'm genuinely arsed bar the curiosity factor if it does.

Guest Howaythetoon

Us Villa and the mackems stink out the league along with perhaps WBA, totally pointless clubs with zero ambition whose football is awful and whose existence in the PL is taking up the places of 3 or 4 clubs lower down who would love to be in the division and to make a go of doing well in it. The 3 promoted clubs have been a breath of fresh air and over the years we have seen a steady rise of clubs coming up not just going up and hoping to stay up but going up to compete. I hope we go down and stay down until a new owner is in place.

:thup:

WBA? Seems harsh imo

Agreed, but the Pullis factor...

Scraping up again = more of the same recruitment and more McClaren.

Why would anyone want that? Totally beyond me.

Go down there's a chance things eventually change for the better, that's all there is to it now.

This is the crux of it for me too. The only guarantee is that we won't get the club back if we stay up. I'd risk any club-related alternative to that certainty.

Scraping up again = more of the same recruitment and more McClaren.

Why would anyone want that? Totally beyond me.

Go down there's a chance things eventually change for the better, that's all there is to it now.

This is the crux of it for me too. The only guarantee is that we won't get the club back if we stay up. I'd risk any club-related alternative to that certainty.

Yep. It's a shitty thing to have to say but it's the reality.

Guest palnese

Interesting numbers

Do you want NUFC relegated?

A few months back.

Yes - 74    (29,4%)

No  - 178  (70,6%)

Now:

Yes - 83 (51.9%)

No  - 77 (48.1%)

Fickle fans?

Will reset the poll after the transfer window slams shut.

Interesting numbers

A few months back.

Yes - 74    (29,4%)

No  - 178  (70,6%)

Now:

Yes - 83 (51.9%)

No  - 77 (48.1%)

Fickle fans?

Considering the only change has been results, yes, extremely fickle.

Voted no both times. Why the fuck would I want us to be in a lower league?

Anyway, this is probably giggs and/or the wrong place to put it, but I was just looked at our results for the year 2015

4 home wins (out of 20)

3 away wins (out of 18)

7 wins from 38 games :|

No reason for Mike A to sell as he (probably) makes a lot of money off of us. Since we're stuck with Fat Mike I'd rather be in League 2 as that would generate less money for him.

No joy being in the PL and do nothing.

I don't live in Newcastle and barely ever get a chance to see us live, so for that reason i'd rather us stay in the Premier League, as well as you know wanting my club to do well.

I don't live in Newcastle and barely ever get a chance to see us live, so for that reason i'd rather us stay in the Premier League, as well as you know wanting my club to do well.

You know look at the bigger picture...Us staying up wont make us play any better.

Doomed to be bottom half table.  Whats the point

• 5 weeks later...
Guest palnese

Interesting numbers

A few months back.

Yes - 74    (29,4%)

No  - 178  (70,6%)

Now:

Yes - 83 (51.9%)

No  - 77 (48.1%)

Fickle fans?

Finished 86 for and 86 against relegation. Interesting.

The transfer window is just about to slam shut. Be interesting to see if people have changed their minds.

I'd certainly find it funnier if the after the one season they finally (somewhat) listened to the naysayers they managed to get relegated.

Yep. It would drive home the biggest pisstake of the Ashley era. The utterly woeful approach to appointing coaching staff and identifying/addressing on-field deficiencies.

I'd certainly find it funnier if the after the one season they finally (somewhat) listened to the naysayers they managed to get relegated.

Yep. It would drive home the biggest pisstake of the Ashley era. The utterly woeful approach to appointing coaching staff and identifying/addressing on-field deficiencies.

can't disagree, part of me hopes it happens and they stick with mcclaren to get us promoted again because we all know how that will go down