Newcastle United vs Norwich City, Sunday 18/10/15 16:00 (Sky Sports 1)

BeloEmre

This is a club who had no plan in situ for when our worst manager in living memory left. They then cobbled together a fag packet with 'Steven McLarren' written on with a stolen bookies pen and proceeded to stalk him into the job regardless of how suitable he was, whether he was the best candidate or whether he was remotely competent and you think they might sack him and admit they, who know it all - more than all in the game, were wrong? Don't hold your breath.

This is a club who had no plan in situ for when our worst manager in living memory left. They then cobbled together a fag packet with 'Steven McLarren' written on with a stolen bookies pen and proceeded to stalk him into the job regardless of how suitable he was, whether he was the best candidate or whether he was remotely competent and you think they might sack him and admit they, who know it all - more than all in the game, were wrong? Don't hold your breath.

Depressingly this, if Pardew wasn't lured away deus ex machina, he'd still be here.

emailing students with offers of cheaper tickets.

Looking at the seating plan there's less than 40k sold for this so far. They've even opened up the family enclosure for online sale which I've never known them do for a league game to try and tempt people with a £20 dad/bairn package. The East Stand which is always full has loads of empty seats. It's taken longer than it should have but maybe people are finally turning their backs on the club.

1-2

Looking at the seating plan there's less than 40k sold for this so far. They've even opened up the family enclosure for online sale which I've never known them do for a league game to try and tempt people with a £20 dad/bairn package. The East Stand which is always full has loads of empty seats. It's taken longer than it should have but maybe people are finally turning their backs on the club.

1-2

The worm has seemingly turned.

1-2

Hopefully. Packed my ST in at the end of last season and this will be the first season in over 30 years that we're 5 home games in (+ 2 cup ties) without me setting foot inside SJP. And not a single regret. There's not one single part of that club deserving of my support.

My ticket just arrived this morning. Massive game, one I couldn't have missed. My gut feeling is we'll win if we can replicate parts of the performances for recent weeks. I'm probably going to be as nervous for this as the final game of last season. If we fail to win we might as well consider ourselves down.

1-2

Aren't we regularly dipping below 50k crowds this season? It does seem people are finally getting fed up with it all.

1-2

Aren't we regularly dipping below 50k crowds this season? It does seem people are finally getting fed up with it all.

Aye we've only passed the 50k Mark once this season (50,388), against Arsenal who brought 3,200 fans with them. The Chelsea crowd was only 48,500 and they had 3,200 there as well, Watford 47,500 with 2,500 away fans so we're down to around 45k home fans now which will drop further as this complete abortion of a season unfolds.

1-2

Aye we've only passed the 50k Mark once this season (50,388), against Arsenal who brought 3,200 fans with them. The Chelsea crowd was only 48,500 and they had 3,200 there as well, Watford 47,500 with 2,500 away fans so we're down to around 45k home fans now which will drop further as this complete abortion of a season unfolds.

It's took a while, but that's a significant drop from the 52k we used to get regularly just a couple of years ago. Ashley was probably hoping that this season's spending would bring the punters back, but too little too late. Even then he's buying assets, not the players the squad needs.

I still can't believe there is so many people still turning up. Out of the 8 other season ticket holders I used to go with only 2 of them still have them and out of the 14 people in my dept at work a couple of years ago 6 of us had season tickets, now there's only one. Most other fans I know who have had season tickets in the past or have gone regularly don't bother now so it's surprising 47k+ are still going every week.