Best referee heckling you've heard...

bulivye

A Spurs fan I know was at a game where a bloke stood up and shouted "DURKIN, YOU FUCKING GHERKIN!"

Sat down and turned to his mate to sheepishly say "That's not Durkin, is it."  Someone corrected him by shouting "ELLERAY, YOU PIECE OF CELERY!"

A Spurs fan I know was at a game where a bloke stood up and shouted "DURKIN, YOU f***ing GHERKIN!"

Sat down and turned to his mate to sheepishly say "That's not Durkin, is it."  Someone corrected him by shouting "ELLERAY, YOU PIECE OF CELERY!"

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

A doctor evil lookalike ref at a Sunday league game getting 'I want you to give me.....one million yards'

:lol: I'd absolutely fucking crease at that.

A Spurs fan I know was at a game where a bloke stood up and shouted "DURKIN, YOU f***ing GHERKIN!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At Burton Albion

"ITS A GOOD JOB YOU'RE NOT A CRICKET UMPIRE, YOU'D NEVER SPOT A CATCH"

I found amusingly massively over-elaborate

Was at the Pirelli when they played QPR in the league cup last season. One bloke shouted, "Ref, you're supposed to favour the big teams - that's us tonight!"

They've an odd way of hoying abuse down there.

At Burton Albion

"ITS A GOOD JOB YOU'RE NOT A CRICKET UMPIRE, YOU'D NEVER SPOT A CATCH"

I found amusingly massively over-elaborate

Was at the Pirelli when they played QPR in the league cup last season. One bloke shouted, "Ref, you're supposed to favour the big teams - that's us tonight!"

They've an odd way of hoying abuse down there.

Not referee related but at that game there was a player on the other team called chalmers and as he took a throw in in front of us the same bloke shouted "YOU'RE NOT CHARMING ANYONE"

Guest Geordiesned

20 odd years ago when I used to sit in the East Stand a bloke near me, without fail always shouted at bald referee's following a contentious decision, "Referee get the hair out of your eyes!"

It went on for about 3 seasons and got to the point that those around him would cheer when he shouted it.

20 odd years ago when I used to sit in the East Stand a bloke near me, without fail always shouted at bald referee's following a contentious decision, "Referee get the hair out of your eyes!"

It went on for about 3 seasons and got to the point that those around him would cheer when he shouted it.

:lol: I think I've heard that before.

Also, not grief as such but I was in the away end at Feethams many moons ago and you could pretty much lean out the stand and touch the Lino someone spotted he had a nicotine patch/plaster on. Cue countless people offering him tabs and throwing tabs at him.

:lol: Going to be hoping every match I go to has a bald ref so I can nick that.

Not heckling per se, but was at Birmingham City once and some lad shouted "ref, you pink-shirted t***." Some massive skinhead in front of him turned around and in broad Geordie, solemn as you like came out with "excuse me pal, I think you'll find that colour is actually salmon."

He didn't look like the sort you'd argue with and this lad obviously thought the same so he said sorry, quickly followed by "refe-f***ing-ree, you salmon-shirted bellend."

Made me chuckle that someone would be so particular about colours.

Not heckling per se, but was at Birmingham City once and some lad shouted "ref, you pink-shirted t***." Some massive skinhead in front of him turned around and in broad Geordie, solemn as you like came out with "excuse me pal, I think you'll find that colour is actually salmon."

He didn't look like the sort you'd argue with and this lad obviously thought the same so he said sorry, quickly followed by "refe-f***ing-ree, you salmon-shirted bellend."

Made me chuckle that someone would be so particular about colours.

Not a referee, but without doubt the best grief I've heard given to a player was when we beat Spurs 2-1 between Christmas and New Year in 02/03.

My ST was in the Milburn paddock down near the Gallowgate, seven rows back. There was a bloke about three rows behind who was always p*ssed and used to sing various songs (just popular music, not chants or owt) and have loud conversations. Anyway, the subs used to warm up in front of us. Someone was down injured and Teddy Sheringham comes jogging down to stretch.

The atmosphere had fallen flat and after about five attempts from the big bloke behind shouting 'Teddy!', Sheringham finally looks up to see who's calling him. The bloke just stands up, arms outstretched and goes, 'Feeeeelin' lonely, this Christmaaaaaaas..' much to tears of laughter from everyone around.

Sheringham, face like thunder, jogs off back to the dugout.