Newcastle United 0 - 3 Leicester City (post-match joy and adulation from pg. 26)

Dave

Would say one thing about the season so far mind, we've played a fair number of teams at precisely the wrong time when they've been in form that they're not likely to maintain for the season, such as Leicester and Swansea.

We had a tough few opening fixtures so that wlas a legit excuse for the first few games. I think the excuses have run out after the last two games. Bournemouth and fucking Leicester.

Well, Leicester proves the point, they're at the top of the fucking league man. West Ham is another one as well.

Not making excuses mind, just pointing it out.

The list of teams who we now have to be afraid is growing every season. Last season it was Swansea and Southampton. This season you can add Leicester, Palace and West Ham. I'm just saying the number of teams we can go in against with any hope of a win is dwindling fast.

Would say one thing about the season so far mind, we've played a fair number of teams at precisely the wrong time when they've been in form that they're not likely to maintain for the season, such as Leicester and Swansea.

We had a tough few opening fixtures so that wlas a legit excuse for the first few games. I think the excuses have run out after the last two games. Bournemouth and fucking Leicester.

Well, Leicester proves the point, they're at the top of the fucking league man. West Ham is another one as well.

The list of teams who we now have to be afraid is growing every season. Last season it was Swansea and Southampton. This season you can add Leicester, Palace and West Ham. I'm just saying the number of teams we can go in against with any hope of a win is dwindling fast.

Not following you exactly, I was trying to point out that we've faced a few teams at times when their form has been particularly good as teams that we should be expecting to get results. Just a timing thing that's added to the overall shitfest.

Thing is, watching us get beat 0-3 at home to Leicester, just makes me realise that we aren't who we are before, nor do we ever look like who and what NUFC is supposed to be. The kind of pathetic football, shit scared players of the ball, the backward passing, the lack of movement going forwards, and the zero creativity of the team just bewilders me that NUFC have been reduced to that.

Not following you exactly, I was trying to point out that we've faced a few teams at times when their form has been particularly good as teams that we should be expecting to get results. Just a timing thing that's added to the overall shitfest.

Yeah you are right, I'm making an additional point really. Yes we are playing teams at the wrong time, but at the same time there's less and less teams who we can go up against expecting a win. Other teams are improving, we aren't.

Yeah you are right, I'm making an additional point really. Yes we are playing teams at the wrong time, but at the same time there's less and less teams who we can go up against expecting a win. Other teams are improving, we aren't.

Ah absolutely :thup:

The fear on show from midfielders was pretty amazing, like, they just didn't want to know - either too scared to get involved in the tussle or too scared to lose it. You can say fair play to Leicester for shutting space down in the right areas but our lads just didn't want to take a risk at all, nobody trying to turn and get moving or play a risky pass. It's not like we had anyone running behind or challenging for long balls either, the result was just nowt but a lot of sideways passes.

not much between the teams first half. they may have edged it but were still poor. after mitrovic's miss at the beginning of the second half, we blatantly just gave in. players didn't even disguise the lack of effort.

We might not go down.  There might be three teams who get worse results than us over the course of a season but there's no club that deserves a relegation as much as we do.

Do it on the cheap, cut corners, fuck the fans, fuck the city, keep on trucking on the big fat gravy train.  Hope it blows up in his fat, greasy face the disgusting pig, if only to show that you can't run a football club like this.

Those that were there...were Leicester actually any good?

First half they didn't look much at all but in the 2nd they upped their game and we just gave up the ghost and didn't bother so hard to say really.

The League Table however does not lie.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Saints, Leicester, Swansea et al are all good teams or sides but they are not great teams or sides and its only the great you should fear and not be too disappointed to lose against. That's why when we say lost to Man Utd or Arsenal under KK or Sir Bobby it didn't hurt, we were beaten by the much better side. Today we are beaten ny anyone and everyone regardless. At least under KK and Sir Bobby, we went into the match whoever we faced with the ultimate aim of trying to win that match and there was always a belief that we could, from the pitch to the stands.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT - that's been drummed out of the club, purposely since Ashley bought us. And the majority of match going fans now buy into it and believe it. Brain washing en masse.

I know and its sad. Again, we should never get beaten 3 zip at home to Leicester. Its not even like its freak results, its common. We are considered a win for most teams these days, home away, be it Watford or Man City. We are a home or away banker. Sad sad days!

HTT - that's been drummed out of the club, purposely since Ashley bought us. And the majority of match going fans now buy into it and believe it. Brain washing en masse.

That's exactly what it is. The "can't compete, won't compete" mantra has been drummed into the fanbase from the very top. Owner, CEO, manager, coaches and players hammer the message so much that it's become an accepted fact. As unpalatable as it is to some on here, the people who still continue to pump millions into the club via tickets and/or merchandise are part of the larger problem. Willing to be treated like shit, patronised and taken for granted because they continue to come back every week, paying through the nose for the privilege too. Ashley's under no pressure whatsoever, he's taking the piss and getting away with it. 

I know and its sad. Again, we should never get beaten 3 zip at home to Leicester. Its not even like its freak results, its common. We are considered a win for most teams these days, home away, be it Watford or Man City. We are a home or away banker. Sad sad days!

It's back to the bad old days of McKeag. Another owner who sees the club as a cash-cow for his own personal gain.

Thing is - nobody was surprised by the result. Maybe a goal more than expected? But not a surprising result.

That's how far we've fallen.

Our only two wins have been against newly promoted teams, one of which was extremely lucky. The other newly promoted team stuffed us 2-0 at SJP. We are shit. We've been shit. Don't have enough goals in the side and can't defend. I don't even know if SMC can go on a winning run with us. I can see us being 13-18 all season.

Thing is - nobody was surprised by the result. Maybe a goal more than expected? But not a surprising result.

That's how far we've fallen.

Our only two wins have been against newly promoted teams, one of which was extremely lucky. The other newly promoted team stuffed us 2-0 at SJP. We are s***. We've been s***. Don't have enough goals in the side and can't defend. I don't even know if SMC can go on a winning run with us. I can see us being 13-18 all season.

They were clear favourites with the bookies away from home against us, which says it all really.

That's exactly what it is. The "can't compete, won't compete" mantra has been drummed into the fanbase from the very top. Owner, CEO, manager, coaches and players hammer the message so much that it's become an accepted fact. As unpalatable as it is to some on here, the people who still continue to pump millions into the club via tickets and/or merchandise are part of the larger problem. Willing to be treated like shit, patronised and taken for granted because they continue to come back every week, paying through the nose for the privilege too. Ashley's under no pressure whatsoever, he's taking the piss and getting away with it. 

the damage pardew did through the media in his 4 years should never be underestimated, every single fucking press conference or interview was a dampening of expectations

i utterly detest the cunt

Yes, all true and all this stuff about 'playing teams at the wrong time' is just pure excuse-making and must make Ashley ROFL - he has been outstandingly successful at getting NUFC fans to accept both his philosophy and his projection that the club is just a 'make up numbers' outfit..

Funny how other teams nearly always used to come up against us 'at the wrong time' when KK(especially)and SBR were running things - but then, NUFC fans have always found an excuse to justify their continuing to turn up to watch rubbishy sides...

Yes, all true and all this stuff about 'playing teams at the wrong time' is just pure excuse-making and must make Ashley ROFL - he has been outstandingly successful at getting NUFC fans to accept both his philosophy and his projection that the club is just a 'make up numbers' outfit..

Funny how other teams nearly always used to come up against us 'at the wrong time' when KK(especially)and SBR were running things - but then, NUFC fans have always found an excuse to justify their continuing to turn up to watch rubbishy sides...

:thup: I think this is what the folk behind Ashley Out need to go with-  gloves off, etc. The local media have been complicit in this too - the papers and Radio Newcastle.