Crystal Palace 5-1 Newcastle United - 28/11/15 (post-match from p. 26)

Greg

Think that's me finished going to games like, home or away.  Been given a couple of tickets to the boxing day game so will take my dad to that, but after that man howay.

Today was depressing, was totally unexpected delight when we scored, followed by a quick collapse, followed by humiliation.  Watched barely half an hour of it from my seat.

Done for now.

I'm done for now too. I've removed the anger and just nod my head in belief that the club needs ownership changing and full on clear out. That's all I'm focused on and will focus on for the forseeable future.

f***ing hell, was so excited to enjoy football again, clutching at straws from the summer and even the opener when we looked vastly different. Even smashing Norwich at home and thinking oh s*** this could be something. Nah man. All for nothing. Once again.

I'm not sure I should be, but I feel strangely comforted to read others expressing my exact feelings. To use a favoured childhood expression, "Fuck this for a game of soldiers...".

It's a bit of a no brainer at the moment. I'm glad I was at the Norwich game but keeping my money for something else now.

Previously when we've struggled there's still been a sense of pride about the place, but now that has been torn out.

I can't remember who it was, but last season someone wrote a great bit about how the way Mike Ashley runs the club forces people to view it in the same way. Purely a product for consumption. There's no reason to be investing time, emotion or money in NUFC right now.

To be honest, I think McClaren was hired 1 season too late.  It is obvious that the players don't care anymore.  Simply don't care.  They all have become those shit arseholes in your company who have given up their career and just sitting and counting their money with no risk of being sacked.  That's the result of Ashley's policy and coaching under Pardew and Carver.  If McClaren was here 1 year ago things may not be worsen that much.

This is the ultimate back fire to Ashley's plan.  These players, Sissoko inclusive, are unplayable and need to be clear out as soon as possible to save us from relegation.  We can never sell these rubbish high and we need to replace them with inflated players in January or we are done.  Fuck off Mike.

That's why you hire a manager in the first place. If he can't at least get his players to put in a shift then he's not much of a manager.

We had a game plan and in the first 15-20 minutes it worked perfectly. We got the goal and you could see they were rattled.

We were 2-1 down after 20 minutes, daft cunt. No wonder we're fucking shit if our gameplan is to be behind early on in games.

The inevitable "Pardew in" messages/texts have been filtering in from my workmates yesterday and today. I'm going to ignore any sort of football conversation at work tomorrow morning because I know all too well what my workmates will say to me: "you shouldn't have let Pardew go" and "I bet you're regretting letting Pardew go" etc. Judging from past conversations I've had with my workmates, even I was to explain why Pardew was a problem at NUFC and that him leaving was a good thing, I'll still be met with the same answer: "but look at Pardew now!". No-one actually listens to my reasoning/explanation whatsoever.

Anyone who went and was brave/loyal/stupid enough to stay until the end.  Did the players get a load of stick and get 'rejected' at the end of the game? 

I read a tweet from the chron saying something along those lines. It made it sound like they were booed or that the fans turned to walk out when they came over to clap the fans.  Yet the match report didn't really mention it? 

Anyone who went and was brave/loyal/stupid enough to stay until the end.  Did the players get a load of stick and get 'rejected' at the end of the game? 

I read a tweet from the chron saying something along those lines. It made it sound like they were booed or that the fans turned to walk out when they came over to clap the fans.  Yet the match report didn't really mention it? 

Of those who came over all but Rob Elliott were subject to chants, f*** off, and hand gestures.

You could hear them chanting 'we're s*** and we're sick of it' in the 2nd half a fair bit.

Wigan away under Allardyce is the last time I remember that being sung by the majority.  He was sacked not long after. 

I'm sure it's been sung a lot recently and all.  But it seems like quite a few match going fans, have just accepted our shitness.  Home games are like a morgue. 

TBH I've not been following the EPL lately due to academic reasons but wtf? 5-1?

Yeah, that's our level now.  Ashley has systematically stripped the club of all self respect, ambition and expectation.  This is what Ashley does with every brand he owns, strips it back to the bare minimum and makes his margins on selling tat to idiots. *cough 40,000 idiots *cough

This is it now.

Are the fans already in the state "hoping for the worse" in order to change things?

I don't know exactly how football politics work in England. I guess there is opposition from outside the direction?

I can only comment from my point of view, nothing is going to change either way.

Guest chicken little

I guess there is opposition from outside the direction?

Even by English standards, Newcastle fans have a proud tradition of swallowing whatever shit is served to them