Watford (A) FA Cup - Sat 9th Jan at 3pm (not on TV) - Pre-match thread

ChrisJbarnes

Christ, nearly playing a full 11 in their proper positions? Mental. Happy to see Perez and Mitro up top too :thup:

If we don't look great going forward today, I will be so disappointed. Mitro and Perez, with Wijnaldum and Sissoko pushing forward from central areas should be mouth watering stuff. Let's see if we manage to somehow screw it up.

Totally agree with that, on paper it looks like it should work.

Could argue Thauvin in for Mbabu/Dummett like.

Probably would have gone for that if we were the home team. Think it's fine myself. Love Mbabu since that debut at left back. Think he'll be awesome today in that role.

Could argue Thauvin in for Mbabu/Dummett like.

Probably would have gone for that if we were the home team. Think it's fine myself. Love Mbabu since that debut at left back. Think he'll be awesome today in that role.

I still can't quite fathom how he hasn't seen more game time after his performance against Chelsea. Even with his injury he's been fit for weeks.

Happy with that team, but would have liked to see Thauvin instead of Mbabu. Thauvin's tracking back has actually been quite good in his cameos - could do a job at wingback i think. Also not sure i share the optimism with Mbabu - against Chelsea he looked like he was an average player playing out of his skin on adrenaline. Happy to be proved wrong today though

Have we ever won a game with 3/5 at the back?

It really fits our current personnel, which is more the issue for me. God please let this work. It could set us up for a great second half of the season.

f***ing hate that i can't see todays game  :rant:

There's no overseas TV anyway so don't think there'll be coverage of it :thup:

Aye, that's why i'm not happy  O0

Ah right, thought you meant you were off out or at work  :lol:

Guest palnese

Have we ever won a game with 3/5 at the back?

It really fits our current personnel, which is more the issue for me. God please let this work. It could set us up for a great second half of the season.

We'll see about that :lol:

Christ, nearly playing a full 11 in their proper positions? Mental. Happy to see Perez and Mitro up top too :thup:

If we don't look great going forward today, I will be so disappointed. Mitro and Perez, with Wijnaldum and Sissoko pushing forward from central areas should be mouth watering stuff. Let's see if we manage to somehow screw it up.

The left side looks pretty crap tbh. Dummett and Mbabu are out and out defenders so we'll be relying on Gini to do most of the work down that flank.

The left side looks pretty crap tbh. Dummett and Mbabu are out and out defenders so we'll be relying on Gini to do most of the work down that flank.

Comme d'habitude

No Thauvin :lol: :lol: :lol: guy might as well give up and go home.

Can't see where he would fit in this system tbf.

Can only assume he's an absolute nightmare in training.

Or McClaren is a defensive twat.

No Thauvin :lol: :lol: :lol: guy might as well give up and go home.

Can't see where he would fit in this system tbf.

Can only assume he's an absolute nightmare in training.

Or McClaren is a defensive twat.

Or he wouldn't fit in this system.