Watford (A) FA Cup - Sat 9th Jan at 3pm (not on TV) - Pre-match thread

ChrisJbarnes

:undecided:

Not that I expect this to be anything other than a non-performance, but thinking of going as I'm nearby and it would be good to watch 1 Premier League team.

Anyone got a spare ticket?

Thoughts on the line-up? A hotch-potch of first team and reserves- we dont have much choice.

Not sure as to why anyone would want to go to watch this. A meek 2-0 defeat, with McClaren saying that we need to concentrate on the PL because of where we are. FA Cup is a distraction, etc. :( :D

Nah. He'll waffle on about how no one wants to win the cup more than him, and how much it means to the supporters, rather win the cup than the title ya knaa.

Being optimistic I'd say we have a chance of stealing a 1-1 draw (against their reserves) and then losing the replay at home when they stick their first team out. Realistically though, we'll get humped off whatever side they put out and that'll be our season over again.

Darlow

Janmaat - Lascelles - Mbemba* - Dummett

Sissoko - Gouffran - Tiote - Thauvin

de Jong

Mitrovic

Williamson if fit*

Claims of it being the strongest available team after a 2-0 defeat with 0 shots on target

Watford will change about 9 players and still look like a well drilled team, with a good pattern of attacking play. We'll change 2 and look like utter strangers, struggling to create enough to win a corner, again.

They'll cope with our strikers far better than we cope with theirs. Colo played well for most of the game against Arsenal, but the one head to head he lost out on against Giroud led directly to their goal. Deeney and Ighalo? Doesn't really bear thinking about.

Asked if he would be still be taking the FA Cup seriously, McClaren said: “Yes, I’m absolutely confident we can have a go at that.

“We’ll play a strong team and every game is important.

“The FA Cup is as important as any other game. It’s another game we want to win.”

:yao:

By the way, SkyBet make us 100/1 to win the FA Cup this year, the same as Norwich, Bournemouth and Reading. We're longer odds than anyone else in the Premier League, and longer than Derby County and Middlesbrough. Edit: sorry, mackems are 200/1.

100/1 to win a competition we've won six times and been in the final of a further seven times. Only three clubs have been in more FA Cup finals than Newcastle United in its 143 year history. 100/1. Absolutely shameful.

By the way, SkyBet make us 100/1 to win the FA Cup this year, the same as Norwich, Bournemouth and Reading. We're longer odds than anyone else in the Premier League, and longer than Derby County and Middlesbrough. Edit: sorry, mackems are 200/1.

100/1 to win a competition we've won six times and been in the final of a further seven times. Only three clubs have been in more FA Cup finals than Newcastle United in its 143 year history. 100/1. Absolutely shameful.

:thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Finally got a semi-legitimate reason to make changes and I bet we go full strength, picking up a key injury and losing anyway.

Nah worse we will fucking draw and get injuries and the useless twats still wont buy anyone :lol:

Darlow

Janmaat Mbemba Dummett Mbabu

Tiote

Sissoko  Gini

Aarons*                            Thauvin

Riviere*

*If fit.

Our CM options are appalling like, if any of them get injured we're knackered.