Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest Roger Kint

This possible signing surely shows McClaren is under no pressure whatsoever over is future. First time under Ashley since Allardyce that a manager has picked a player he wants and we have actually gone out and done it.

Obertan/Pardew

This possible signing surely shows McClaren is under no pressure whatsoever over is future. First time under Ashley since Allardyce that a manager has picked a player he wants and we have actually gone out and done it.

Agreed.

I think it's make or break for McClaren. If he's given the players he wants he better deliver results or he's done. Personally I think he's not up to it and should be binned off regardless. He's shown no leadership qualities at all.

Obertan/Pardew

Well, Pardew was also under no pressure whatsoever :lol:

Obertan was cheap, mind.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: He did actually play for England whilst with us. Proof if it were needed that an England cap is far from a guarantee of quality.

did he really? wow. fuck me man. :lol:

He played upfront with Owen against Brazil :lol:

Before he signed for us mind. Only played Germany and as a sub in Austria while our player

Normally I wouldn't really want him, but our midfield is disgusting so he'd be easily our best CM.  If he gets colback out the team I'll be over the moon

Pretty much this. I know people are worried about the slating he's getting from Swansea fans but IMO that's down to him angling for a move for some time now.

Plus I suspect Swansea fans have not seen Colback and how utterly shit he really is

Handful of comments from a Swansea forum

Spineless, gutless, and an embarrassment to the shirt with his lack of effort. Just hope we can get a decent wedge for him due to his England credentials, as on current form we'd have to pay another team to take him off our hands.

his glaringly lazy attitude is hardly going to endear him to potential suitors

IMO, Shelvey has peaked. He has been playing first team football since he was 16 for good clubs with good coaches. He hasn't dogged around the lower leagues. He has a lot of experience in terms of years and games played at the top level. There should be a degree of maturity, presence, composure, "savoir faire" about his game that just isn't there .... I'm not talking about the consistency or inconsistency with which he actually kicks the ball, but everything else

for me he was a disgrace.

He is overweight, unfit, and doesn't give a toss.

That maybe the last time we see him in a Swans shirt. Played well below his standards and made a fool of himself after the game.

Anyboby that thinks we'll get anything upwards of 6 million are barking imo.

This was posted too :lol:

All of this shit is probably true. He's probably utter shit. I personally don't really know.

What I do know, is that he isn't Jack fucking Colback, so I'd rather give him a try, hope he's not shit, and then 2 months down the line, start hating him too.

Even among the criticism it seems that he was playing very well in the early part of the season. Seems to me he wants out and maybe is looking to return to a more high profile club. I know we are shite these days but the name and city still carry some prestige historically. I think he might flourish here. Some players prefer big clubs in the same way some prefer to stay out of the headlines.

Shelvey  :lol:  we're completely fucked man

You don't think he's far better than what we have?  I've never been his biggest fan (partly because he seems like a right tosser at times).  But he at least does have undoubted ability, even if he's inconsistent that still puts him way ahead of anyone we have in central midfield.

Guest boumsongandbust

Let's be honest, we're not going to attract anyone who is going to pull up trees. In the bottom three, and arguably aside from Villa, the favourites to go down. As long as we improve our team, which we will do with Shelvey, as he's better than Anita, Colback, Tiote, then I'm not too bothered. As long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Let's be honest, we're not going to attract anyone who is going to pull up trees. In the bottom three, and arguably aside from Villa, the favourites to go down. As long as we improve our team, which we will do with Shelvey, as he's better than Anita, Colback, Tiote, then I'm not too bothered. As long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Why on earth would that bother you, at this point?

Guest boumsongandbust

This is very true and if it gets him across this line that they speak about I'm all for it but I'd probably feel a bit different if it was much more that £10M that's all.