Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Handful of comments from a Swansea forum

Spineless, gutless, and an embarrassment to the shirt with his lack of effort. Just hope we can get a decent wedge for him due to his England credentials, as on current form we'd have to pay another team to take him off our hands.

his glaringly lazy attitude is hardly going to endear him to potential suitors

IMO, Shelvey has peaked. He has been playing first team football since he was 16 for good clubs with good coaches. He hasn't dogged around the lower leagues. He has a lot of experience in terms of years and games played at the top level. There should be a degree of maturity, presence, composure, "savoir faire" about his game that just isn't there .... I'm not talking about the consistency or inconsistency with which he actually kicks the ball, but everything else

for me he was a disgrace.

He is overweight, unfit, and doesn't give a toss.

That maybe the last time we see him in a Swans shirt. Played well below his standards and made a fool of himself after the game.

Anyboby that thinks we'll get anything upwards of 6 million are barking imo.

This was posted too :lol:

All of this shit is probably true. He's probably utter shit. I personally don't really know.

What I do know, is that he isn't Jack fucking Colback, so I'd rather give him a try, hope he's not shit, and then 2 months down the line, start hating him too.

Nervous about this. Not the right character for our team

Barton wasn't, but he could get his team mates tails up.  That's what we're missing. Somebody that can pump up those around him.

He'll either do that or have a scrap with Mitro.

But it seems like Jonjo is the opposite. The "don't give a fuck" lazy git type. WTF is he doing in that clip?

Because the team is full of character.

The team has no character so why add another player without it?

Barton wasn't, but he could get his team mates tails up.  That's what we're missing. Somebody that can pump up those around him.

But it seems like Jonjo is the opposite. The "don't give a fuck" lazy git type. WTF is he doing in that clip?

That looks more like a guy who wants to get out tbh. It's not the right way to go about it, but he can have a positive effect on the game when he wants too.

Be interesting to see the Swansea fans reactions when he did give a shit for them.

Guest ManDoon

Handful of comments from a Swansea forum

Spineless, gutless, and an embarrassment to the shirt with his lack of effort. Just hope we can get a decent wedge for him due to his England credentials, as on current form we'd have to pay another team to take him off our hands.

his glaringly lazy attitude is hardly going to endear him to potential suitors

IMO, Shelvey has peaked. He has been playing first team football since he was 16 for good clubs with good coaches. He hasn't dogged around the lower leagues. He has a lot of experience in terms of years and games played at the top level. There should be a degree of maturity, presence, composure, "savoir faire" about his game that just isn't there .... I'm not talking about the consistency or inconsistency with which he actually kicks the ball, but everything else

for me he was a disgrace.

He is overweight, unfit, and doesn't give a toss.

That maybe the last time we see him in a Swans shirt. Played well below his standards and made a fool of himself after the game.

Anyboby that thinks we'll get anything upwards of 6 million are barking imo.

This was posted too :lol:

All of this shit is probably true. He's probably utter shit. I personally don't really know.

What I do know, is that he isn't Jack fucking Colback, so I'd rather give him a try, hope he's not shit, and then 2 months down the line, start hating him too.

The hate is always more enjoyable after the initial "i'll give him a shot" phase imo

He certainly doesn't lack character. He's lost his way a bit, but that's easy to understand.

In that clip (or so am told) it was the end of the game and he hadn't played much recently, I guess he's a bit tired plus protecting himself so he can move.

I can think of at least 4 positions i'd strengthen before buying another striker tbh, i know its tempting to think we are not scoring at all so lets buy another striker and ignore everything else. But there is a structural issue with the team, there is no creativity, no energy, no defensive nous, no width, no pace and no aerial prowess.

If you fixed even half of those problems then i bet the goals would come with the current crop, unfortunately none of this is going to happen.

Don't disagree with your structural point. But imo if we had a proper goal scorer up front such as Ba (as he was) or Remy the whole thing racks up a notch. So chances become goals and half chances become chances - if you see what I mean  :lol:

Cisse's goals arguably kept us up last season. Similar to what you're saying I guess.

Yup although I just don't see Papiss as a reliable goal scorer these days nor do I think you can build a game plan around him. He's a wild card to be played off the bench who "might" nick you a goal when you don't expect it.

Guest firetotheworks

Good player in the right team. This is not the right team. He's a vast improvement on what we have though obviously.

Guest ManDoon

It does have shades of Stephen Ireland I'll admit mind. :lol:

Because he's bald?

No, someone who was very highly rated up until about 3-4 months before he joined us in January after having been poor for that spell.

The ireland thing was so weird, he had that amazing season and just turned to complete shit. So weird