Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

If we do get Shelvey we'll get a player who will come here and will raise his game for a while and will then virtually disappear as he'll lose his motivation over time and McClaren is unlikely to get it back.

After watching a 5 minute video on YouTube of him from Swansea first few games this season I have to say he will certainly offer us far more than any of the current 3 we have playing centrally even if he is a lazy fooker. His passing range, short, long, through balls, balls over the top, etc in that video alone is something that no one else who plays for us is capable of.

Personally hope we sign him.

Anytime I've seen him, he looks to make a forward pass. Even a few weeks ago when he came on as a sub, he looked to play the ball forward. That is a huge improvement on what we've got so I hope this comes off.

Watching MOTD now and he was bollocking a teammate for not playing a forward pass. Came close to scoring from a free kick as well.

I hope we get him tbh, he's not a world beater but as mentioned can pass a ball in the general right direction and is a decent player imo. Not a leader though, and we're devoid of them, and the problems upfront remain even if he does come to Newcastle. Desperate for that striker.

Watching MOTD now and he was bollocking a teammate for not playing a forward pass. Came close to scoring from a free kick as well.

He'd lose his voice every game if he did that here.

Have a funny feeling they'll be itching to get this through before Tuesday too so they can reveal him before our game and placate some of the day-trippers.

It'll placate some of the morons with season tickets too.

Have a funny feeling they'll be itching to get this through before Tuesday too so they can reveal him before our game and placate some of the day-trippers.

It'll placate some of the morons with season tickets too.

Aye

He can't get a game for one of our relegation rivals. Hardly a good sign, is it? 'Better than what we've got' is supposed to make me feel all grateful. Why can't we sign someone on the up? Someone in form, that our rivals would want, or wouldn't want to sell? Or even more controversially, someone better than us might want?

Fucking pathetic how we just accept our place as small time cunts that can't compete.

He can't get a game for one of our relegation rivals. Hardly a good sign, is it? 'Better than what we've got' is supposed to make me feel all grateful. Why can't we sign someone on the up? Someone in form, that our rivals would want, or wouldn't want to sell? Or even more controversially, someone better than us might want?

f***ing pathetic how we just accept our place as small time c***s that can't compete.

Ben Arfa couldn't get a game for Hull or Newcastle to be fair. ;)

Am I right in thinking Shelvey would be the first player bought from the PL since Obertan?  ???

If it happens obviously.

Colback  :pardsgrin:

Free Agent, technically IIRC.

True, it would indeed be the first money signing since Obertan.

God Colback and Obertan both Pardew choices and people wnated Pardew to buy his own.

He could be immense for us. Like a petulant,lazy version of Cabaye.

If he's as forward thinking as people are saying, and that's what I've seen of him, I sincerely hope they're signing Saivet or whoever to play with him or we'll still be stuck with the space being covered by fucking Colback.