Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Good price considering his actual talent and age plus the fact he's English. Whether we can finally get the best of him we will see.

Swansea were using him as the most defensive CM, which I don't think he was too thrilled about. Don't think that will be the case with us, so that will be good hopefully.

Anyone know if he take set pieces?

Good price considering his actual talent and age plus the fact he's English. Whether we can finally get the best of him we will see.

Swansea were using him as the most defensive CM, which I don't think he was too thrilled about. Don't think that will be the case with us, so that will be good hopefully.

Anyone know if he take set pieces?

I hope so, they asked me to take a corner against Everton on boxing day but I was just starting to tuck into my chicken tikka pie so I had to decline.

We need a midfielder that can grab a game by he scruff of the neck and actually put his foot on the ball and pass it about a bit. Far too often this season our midfield has been walked through by opposition teams and then onto our weak back 4. We should don't compete enough in midfield and it has been an major issue for us. Hopefully Shelvey can come in and play a part in sorting this out. He's certainly a big improvement on what we have here so I'm pretty happy with this transfer.

Mick Lowes and John Anderson said on the train back from Arsenal last week that Jack Colback has it written in his contract that he must start every game if he is fit and not suspended. Pardew wanted it in his contract as a convincer for him to join us instead of West Ham.  Granted, them two are likely to talk s**** but just thought I'd share.

Spoke to a Swansea lad I know and he said he's rubbish as a holding midfielder or deep midfielder but has potential as a box-to-boxer. He reckons as long as he's not got the most defensive responsibility of the CMs, he'll be OK. Can be very, very erratic in his performances, though.

Shelvey basically has no defense.  Those who think Shelvey and Saivet could make a good partnership and bring us better results need to realize this hugely depends on how many goals we can score because now the protection for our back four is non existent.

Compared to the brick wall that is Colback & Anita?

You will realize a paper is better than an air very soon.

Saivet plays defensive midfield and from the little I saw is very capable of sitting in front of the defence and protecting it.

Mick Lowes and John Anderson said on the train back from Arsenal last week that Jack Colback has it written in his contract that he must start every game if he is fit and not suspended. Pardew wanted it in his contract as a convincer for him to join us instead of West Ham.  Granted, them two are likely to talk s**** but just thought I'd share.

:anguish:

Even if true, just ignore it and let him stick in a transfer request if he wants to.

I was about to type 'not even Newcastle would sanction that'...

We're desperate for someone who is used to playing in the PL though, so happy to get a slightly inferior player that won't need six to twelve months to adapt.

we've no time for anyone to find their feet, we need proven players who can do it in this league.

I hope Shelvey turns out ok but I have serious question marks over some of his attributes and it's attributes that won't go down very well up here.

He's done well? Was absolutely shit when I saw him before Sampdoria.

Covered a lot of Sampdoria games and he's stood out for me every game, even more so than Eder. Great engine on him getting box-to-box, breaks up play, strong, quick, good passer of the ball. Equally adept at both ends of the pitch. Also has a good delivery on him too which is something else we're crying out for.

Suffering Christ

Guest palnese

:lol:

He's done well? Was absolutely s*** when I saw him before Sampdoria.

Covered a lot of Sampdoria games and he's stood out for me every game, even more so than Eder. Great engine on him getting box-to-box, breaks up play, strong, quick, good passer of the ball. Equally adept at both ends of the pitch. Also has a good delivery on him too which is something else we're crying out for.

I'm very surprised, although he was highly rated at one point. Hope he keeps on doing well, sounds like something we need in the NT.

Absolutely not a chance that that can be true like.

There's no way we'd buy two new CM's if it were.

:thup: I thought it was shite as well but I suppose we'll find out now that we've got some more options in midfield.