Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I really rate Shelvey, and feel I should be happy, but I feel shocked. We're not scoring enough of the ( limited) chances we're creating: we need a proven goal scorer. I know we've looked tighter & only conceded 1 in each of last few games, and that Colo remains Capt.,  but we are crying out for a strong experienced CB to line-up  with Mbemba. I can't see them going for a LB at the mo. Are we going to twist on two CMs and stick with the rest? Risky as fuck, IMO. Are we going to spend £15-20m for a striker, on top of the £17m forked-out? And another £10-12m for a CB?? Hope so, but again 'shocked' wouldn't get anywhere near how I'd feel if we did  :yikes: I'd be delighted too of course (...once the numbness had gone!)

We need a creator more.

Mick Lowes and John Anderson said on the train back from Arsenal last week that Jack Colback has it written in his contract that he must start every game if he is fit and not suspended. Pardew wanted it in his contract as a convincer for him to join us instead of West Ham.  Granted, them two are likely to talk s**** but just thought I'd share.

Ahh, the infamous "if available, he plays" clause that is rumoured around every shit player that starts for any club. Feel like these started out as a joke, but somewhere along the line people started believing there might be some truth in them :lol:

I assume the Saivet and (particularly) Shelvey contracts will have relegation clauses (on the part of both parties)? Shelvey surely won't sign unless he has a relegation release clause, and the club would probably want to be able to reduce his wages in the case of going down? Or have i been playing too much FM?

Apparently we got burnt when we went down last time, so would be very surprised if we didn't stick in wage drops nowadays just in case.

The lad can actually complete a through ball to an attacking team mate. Something not performed by any of our central midfielders since Cabaye departed. I'm in.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing Gini & Ayoze get rewarded for their off the ball movements for a change!

Mick Lowes and John Anderson said on the train back from Arsenal last week that Jack Colback has it written in his contract that he must start every game if he is fit and not suspended. Pardew wanted it in his contract as a convincer for him to join us instead of West Ham.  Granted, them two are likely to talk s**** but just thought I'd share.

Fucking hell, Mick Lowes is so thick.

Ahh, the infamous "if available, he plays" clause that is rumoured around every shit player that starts for any club. Feel like these started out as a joke, but somewhere along the line people started believing there might be some truth in them :lol:

If you believe McDowall, NUFC seem to think it's a thing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31145893

Different situations like, loaning players out of course you want them to play ever game, and Ashley was in a position to enforce that with his shares in Rangers.

Can't see us offering that kind of assurance to a player we bring in though (with Ashley being very bonus orientated this would be completely against that philosophy) let alone a free transfer.

Fucking hell, Mick Lowes is so thick.

True. He does have a gut wider than the Gaza Strip

He's got 12 goals and 16 assists in 90 full games of playing time in the Premier league. Some involvement in a goal every three games, despite playing a deep role for the last 20 or so games' worth of minutes.

Our entire team has only scored one in the last four games.

Shelvey  :lol:  we're completely f***ed man

You don't think he's far better than what we have?  I've never been his biggest fan (partly because he seems like a right tosser at times).  But he at least does have undoubted ability, even if he's inconsistent that still puts him way ahead of anyone we have in central midfield.

Not sure how much better, depends on his time of month from what I've seen. He does come across a prima donna tosser and I don't think he'll be any different. He's got the potential to be a right pain in the arse behind the scenes.

I think we have to realise that having 11 'nice-guys' on the pitch doesn't get us results. We need to grow up/mature as an organisation and be able to deal with prima donnas/'personalities'. Had we been able to do so, we would've kept Ben Arfa on the pitch and in the club.

Shelvey can run forward, make good passes in the final third and give us an occasional long range effort. Three things we don't have in our midfield currently. Dealing a prima donna is a small price to pay for these attributes.

When he wants to.

As Dave said - England international, low price - something is wrong somewhere.

Sorry if this has been covered in the thread previously, but

£12million?!!! :yikes:

Are you having a laugh?  :mike: :mike:

23 year old current England International? I think your having a laugh lol.