Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guthrie was better than his replacement Anita

I'm not sure why all this praise for Guthrie. He was technically a good player but had no heart or lungs for that matter. A better comparison would be to Colback. He was certainly better than him.

Guthrie was better than his replacement Anita

I'm not sure why all this praise for Guthrie. He was technically a good player but had no heart or lungs for that matter. A better comparison would be to Colback. He was certainly better than him.

Was just thinking about Guthrie. Would take him over any over our central pairing. Played a far more important role in our season finishing fifth than more people realize.

From what i've read - Shelvey is like a skinnier Charlie Adam minus the goals.

You've never seen him play? Always seems to look impressive against us, but then Colback and Anita would make him look like Usain Bolt in comparison.

At this point if him and Saivet come in and start in the centre together I'll take it over what we have in an instant. Even a slight improvement in the central midfield will have a massive knock on effect with the rest of the team.

You've never seen him play? Always seems to look impressive against us, but then Colback and Anita would make him look like Usain Bolt in comparison.

He's always reminded me of a poor man's Steven Gerrard, Charlie Adam is also in the bucket for me.  Capable of some brilliant passing and long range goals.  Always looking to play a proper pass - sometimes too much. Aaron Ramsey seems to be the best poor man's Stevie G i've seen. Delle Alli seems to disciplined fro that label.

He's always reminded me of a poor man's Steven Gerrard, Charlie Adam is also in the bucket for me.  Capable of some brilliant passing and long range goals.  Always looking to play a proper pass - sometimes too much. Aaron Ramsey seems to be the best poor man's Stevie G i've seen. Delle Alli seems to disciplined fro that label.

Charlie Adam is too slow so not really what we need in midfield to address our lack of mobility in that area. A poor man's Gerrard will be an improvement on either of the two tiddlers who are currently doing the job.

This could give Swansea the money to sign the striker they need to keep them up.  :laugh:

Strikers that can guarantee goals in the premier don't come cheap. That's why the likes of us end up taking a punt on 21 year old like Mitro.

Could be our Kevin Nolan or our Alan Smith. Let's hope he is our Jonjo Shelvey and he excels here if he comes. If he turns up to play he will become a cult figure here very quickly.

Still expecting him to turn us down tbh.

I hope that he's not our Nolan as he was dogshite the year we went down.