Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Thought Mitro's pass was actually too weak and didn't lead Shelvey enough as the player behind him was closing in, however, saying that he should have had more urgency and either had a pop at goal or a look behind him and found another pass.

I'd happily sell his ass this summer; maybe thinking Mitro, Townsend, Lascelles, and Sissoko are the only ones I think I actually still truly like and I'm stretching that list even.

Thought Mitro's pass was actually too weak and didn't lead Shelvey enough as the player behind him was closing in, however, saying that he should have had more urgency and either had a pop at goal or a look behind him and found another pass.

I'd happily sell his ass this summer; maybe thinking Mitro, Townsend, Lascelles, and Sissoko are the only ones I think I actually still truly like and I'm stretching that list even.

Amazing how fast Lascelles stock has risen mind[emoji38]

Would like to see him start v Villa.

Gini starting is pointless and we need someone to play some good forward passes which this man can do.

Hopefully being left out for a few games has gave him the kick up the arse.

Would like to see him start v Villa.

Gini starting is pointless and we need someone to play some good forward passes which this man can do.

Hopefully being left out for a few games has gave him the kick up the arse.

SDJ...

Shelvey or SDJ would definitely make us better in attack.

Hope it happens.

Given that neither can run I massively doubt they'd be better than Perez or Wijnaldum in that position. I thought Perez was good when he came on FWIW

Hope it happens.

Given that neither can run I massively doubt they'd be better than Perez or Wijnaldum in that position. I thought Perez was good when he came on FWIW

Good is a bit much, he didn't complete a pass and he only touched the ball 6 times when he came on.

Hope it happens.

Good is a bit much, he didn't complete a pass and he only touched the ball 6 times when he came on.

Created one decent chance for himself, won a corner, should have done better with the counter attack but I thought he did well overall

Disagree, think he'll play an important part next season.

At the moment the games mean too much and so Rafa is going with two defensive midfielders. Next year when the relegation pressure is off, wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa use him more often as we play more on the front foot.

Disagree, think he'll play an important part next season.

At the moment the games mean too much and so Rafa is going with two defensive midfielders. Next year when the relegation pressure is off, wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa use him more often as we play more on the front foot.

Don't see it.  Rafa's been a safety first manager. At Liverpool he played 2 CM's together that now has one of them playing in defence and the other has been the most defensive midfielder in his teams for the last 4 years in his mid 30's.  Same man that played Kuyt RW and Riise LW.

Jonjo is a goner if someone will buy him. Regardless of our league situation if Rafa stays. 

He just doesn't seem to fit into the Rafa system at all in the 2 man CM pairing. He's not a defensive midfielder, he's not a mobile box to box midfielder, and he lacks positional discipline to play in the system IMO.

Sulked off straight down the tunnel at the final whistle, obviously not very happy. Perez did aswell to be fair.

TVs had Rafa with an arm around Perez talking to him from what likely was a mistake on his part on a counter attack that led to Palace pouring men forward on an attack...

He just doesn't seem to fit into the Rafa system at all in the 2 man CM pairing. He's not a defensive midfielder, he's not a mobile box to box midfielder, and he lacks positional discipline to play in the system IMO.

He's going to struggle for sure. Might work his way in if we demonstrate we can control possession, but that's a hell of a long way off.

Sulked off straight down the tunnel at the final whistle, obviously not very happy. Perez did aswell to be fair.

TVs had Rafa with an arm around Perez talking to him from what likely was a mistake on his part on a counter attack that led to Palace pouring men forward on an attack...

Rafa said he did that because Perez dropped his head and Rafa was simply telling him not to worry about things like that; mistakes happen