Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I hope he stays. He'll make a hell of a difference playing in a team with more possession like he did when Swansea adopted that playstyle and hopefully in the Championship he'll be seeing more of the ball. He made a massive difference in the West Ham and West Brom home games because there was movement and willing runners. Once players like Wijnaldum and Sissoko are moved on and are replaced by players who are actively seeking the ball rather than hiding from it I think he could do well.

I'm not saying he's been good or that he's made a noticeable difference but if we are to rebuild I think he could a useful cog in that process, he hasn't been the one of the major factors from the playing staff that shoulders blame.

I honestly think he'll do a good job for us in the championship if we can get some mobile players around him. If he helps us get back up at the first attempt he'll be worth his £4m salary.

I honestly think he'll do a good job for us in the championship if we can get some mobile players around him. If he helps us get back up at the first attempt he'll be worth his £4m salary.

Well, I don't share your view, not that it matters. Just think what a fucked up world we live in where a bog-average footballer is worth £1m a year let alone £4m.

I hope he stays. He'll make a hell of a difference playing in a team with more possession like he did when Swansea adopted that playstyle and hopefully in the

Seems like as soon as Shelvey cemented his position as a first choice CM - the team went to shit. Improved as soon as he was shipped out.

No matter the level - bad attitude = out. Fuck off.

Benitez doesn't rate him and that's good enough for me. Get rid, if we can.

This too.

I'm not really a fan of midfielders who like to stroll around at a leisurely pace no matter how good their long passes are. Sell him and use the funds to buy one with a pair of lungs.

I'm not really a fan of midfielders who like to stroll around at a leisurely pace no matter how good their long passes are. Sell him and use the funds to buy one with a pair of lungs.

And some bollocks.

This post makes Siem sad.

This post makes Siem sad.

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/69642579/3/stock-photo-69642579-man-patient-in-hospital-room-sitting-alone-in-pain-sad.jpg

Think he would be a huge asset in the championship. Think there is  a fantastic player there that Benitez would really get the best out of. All that said, doesn't look like he fits into Benitez formation as first choice. Unless he has a different attitude to setting us up next year shelvey is an expensive luxury that is out of form and likely confidence. Probably have go get rid tbh

Assuming we're going to be 4-2-3-1 I'd prefer him over all of our other midfielders in one of those 2 despite his lack of defensive ability because it simply won't be needed. Put a physical workhorse next to him, a creative and quickish cunt in the 10 to interlink with and you're halfway to your spine.

I just can't believe we paid £12m for him, he's usually been peddled for about half that. Fabulous vision but he does everything in slow motion. He's another one like Colback, fine as long as he's given plenty of time and space. Would have been brilliant in the 50's.

I just can't believe we paid £12m for him, he's usually been peddled for about half that. Fabulous vision but he does everything in slow motion. He's another one like Colback, fine as long as he's given plenty of time and space. Would have been brilliant in the 50's.

except that colback is even worse given time and space.

Shelvey looked fine in the Swansea constant movement set up and looked ok for England. Don't mind if he goes but he could still do more than a decent job for us if he gets his head right.