Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I think its great signing so long as he sits alongside a DM in front of the back four and doesn't take one of the three attacking midfield positions

He also has the ability to be a bit of a nasty fuck (see the away game last season) which we've missed since Cabaye, Colback is clumsy and slow whereas Cabaye at least was a bit malicious.

We can't credibly complain about paying over the odds for a player, given the amount of criticism Charnley & Ashley have received for lacking ambition and being obsessed by spreadsheets.

A small step but a positive one. He'll improve us.

why are people arsed about the fee?? dont get that at all?

:thup:

Just fans innit? Something to talk about. Do you not comment on fees when other clubs make signings? Seems a weird criticism to me.

I've just never been a balance sheet supporter. It only seems to be in recent years that supporters have took a keen interest in the finances of football clubs.

Just fans innit? Something to talk about. Do you not comment on fees when other clubs make signings? Seems a weird criticism to me.

I've just never been a balance sheet supporter. It only seems to be in recent years that supporters have took a keen interest in the finances of football clubs.

As long as I can remember I've discussed fees and whether player X and Y are worth the money. Obviously making the signings is the most important thing when it's your own club like.

nothing weird about it, in our situation, who gives a fuck what it costs them? genuinley interested to know why anyone would care if its £12m or £50m under this regime.

im also not talking about fans or players of other clubs, im talking about nufc fan, and players we sign/sell.

Carroll a prime example 'we mugged them for £35m' etc, might as well have been 35p man, the end result for the team was the same, it saw fuck all of it.

do people not learn?

£12m or £120m for shelvey is irrelevant, what he'll do for us on the pitch is all that matters. The finances under these fuckers are a totally moot point.

Guest Roger Kint

More bothered about if they are willing to pay for the next bloke than worry over how much this one cost. Club have took the piss for nearly a decade with lack of spending, couldnt give a shit if they pay marginally over the odds tbh

Happy with this tbh, he's always looked decent in games I've watched him, kind of player you worry about when he's playing against you.

same, he can strike from distance as well from midfield, cant remember the last one of them we had.

More bothered about if they are willing to pay for the next bloke than worry over how much this one cost. Club have took the p*ss for nearly a decade with lack of spending, couldnt give a s*** if they pay marginally over the odds tbh

yep.