Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Any idea who his celebration was aimed at when he scored yesterday?  He had his finger to his lips as if to tell someone to (sssshhh).  Was just wondering if he was getting stick at the game or something.

Also, it's not like he's proven anyone wrong by scoring the 3rd goal against Luton!  :lol:  Maybe if he starts stringing a few decent performances together then he might answer a few doubters.

Good player who’s been underperforming. I wish he’d make more runs like he did for his goal because he’s more than capable of adding a goal threat. Hopefully after his one it’ll bring more out of him.

Good player who’s been underperforming. I wish he’d make more runs like he did for his goal because he’s more than capable of adding a goal threat. Hopefully after his one it’ll bring more out of him.

That's one of my main gripes with the way he plays, he makes a pass and then basically stands still asking for the ball again.

Absolutely!  I can deal with him getting out ran by more mobile midfielders at times if he adds more to our forward play.  He clearly struggles to track runners for 90 minutes but he needs to start giving them the same problem when we've got the ball.  I think i've said this before but a player of his ability should be getting between 5 and 10 goals a season.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Benitez is still here next season (with a takeover having happened) I don’t think Shelvey will be here.

Could (should) apply to any number of our players!

Guest Howaythetoon

Straight swap for Sakho or Carroll. I don’t rate the latter, but he could be the kind of impact player to keep us up.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey is horribly underrated on here. Straight swap for Sakho? More like £20m +Sakho. Shelvey is our best footballer you mad heads, suicidal.

:lol: err no!

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey is horribly underrated on here. Straight swap for Sakho? More like £20m +Sakho. Shelvey is our best footballer you mad heads, suicidal.

No to what?

I’ll start with him being our best footballer...

Then him being worth 20m + another player.

Unless I’m being wooshed!

No to what?

I’ll start with him being our best footballer...

Then him being worth 20m + another player.

Unless I’m being wooshed!

Yeah you're right, straight swap with Darren Gibson please.