Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I don't.  I think he's equally as shit but just slightly more mobile. 

Basically, without Longstaff.  Our midfield options are pretty grim.  Hayden doesn't even look useful this year.  I mean none of the players do, which is no real surprise under Pat Butcher's management.

I can't see Longstaff making a difference. In fact I'd go as far as to say he'll be a non-entity in the same way Hayden is (besides his excellent defensive contribution) as with the amount of hoofball we're playing - on the rare occasion we actually have the fucking ball - our central midfield is just being completely bypassed.

Tbh, with Ashley still here and Bruce especially managing us, there's just no point. It's an absolute waste of effort and feels false to want Sports Direct FC to do well.

Shelvey kept trying to force long balls into crowded spaces, turning the ball over time and time again. At one point I think Brighton had 80%+ of the possession in the first half.

At least Ki was patient in making short passes, allowing us to keep possession and build attacks from natural areas, instead of playing hero balls. I think that helped a lot as we looked more settled at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brilliant again today. Lost count of the number of top passes he played. Did a job defensively as well.

This has to be a piss take.he was shocking.theived his wages today

Brilliant again today. Lost count of the number of top passes he played. Did a job defensively as well.

What on earth do you judge him on?! Pretty much every pass to split Bournemouth’s defence and release our forwards came from Shelvey - left foot, right foot, diagonals, long from the back. Any idea how hard it is to not only conceive the passes he sees but to execute them as well?! If our forwards had scored all of their chances today Shelvey would be sitting on 5-6 assists. Did he not run around enough for you or something?

Thought he was very good defensively. Mixed success with his passing but he did his job.

Thought Hayden was very poor next to him.

He hardly put a fucking tackle in , time and time again he let his man drift past him.Sorry but he  is utter shite .

What on earth do you judge him on?! Pretty much every pass to split Bournemouth’s defence and release our forwards came from Shelvey - left foot, right foot, diagonals, long from the back. Any idea how hard it is to not only conceive the passes he sees but to execute them as well?! If our forwards had scored all of their chances today Shelvey would be sitting on 5-6 assists. Did he not run around enough for you or something?

I watched him in particular today and he hardly made a tackle, a midfielder ffs, time and time again Bournemouth waltzed past him, no effort to get back, only the fact they were powder puff up front did they not win, this fucker never tracks back, never tackles , yes he did a couple of decent passes but missed a sitter early on and done fuck all else, sorry but I thought he was absolute shite today and was lucky not to be subbed.

Thought he was shite for half an hour then picked up and statted playing better. Still don't think he's the answer long term.

Correct, only when we were hanging on did he even help out at the back,  before then he was a disgrace .

Thought he was very good defensively. Mixed success with his passing but he did his job.

He hardly put a fucking tackle in , time and time again he let his man drift past him.Sorry but he  is utter shite .

Is this really what it’s come to, judging a creative midfielder on how many tackles he made. Fuck me, the game really is dead. Might as well judge our CBs on how many marauding runs they made down the wings and then call them shite when the answer is zero. Lazy shite bastards!

Is this really what it’s come to, judging a creative midfielder on how many tackles he made. Fuck me, the game really is dead. Might as well judge our CBs on how many marauding runs they made down the wings and then call them shite when the answer is zero. Lazy shite bastards!

So you think it’s ok to just let them waltz passed you? Which he did, and didn’t track the runner, you think it’s ok to be a lazy cunt ?