Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester United - 12/1/16 - Post-match reaction from p54

Greg

Didn't bother reading previous comments before tbh don't give a fuck back home now and I have to tell ye protest ive been about a result since the 4-4 against them dirty North  London cunts, and I'll tell ye what I don't know if it's the pints talking but way the singing of shelvey im excited fucking  bring it on to fuck you cunts

It's funny what having a shot at goal from the edge of the penalty box can do. So many times our players seem so reluctant to have a shot at goal from a decent position and distance this season. They would rather pass it sideways to the player out wide to cross the ball in yet the cross would be miserable. Dummet hit that and luckily it hits Smalling and goes in. Hope they aren't afraid to shoot especially since Jonjo will take that job from Tiote.

I know it's been our mantra most games to say this but there was a lot of positives in last nights game, despite dropping 2 points. We have to be bold enough to change things at the 60 min mark if they aint working. If Perez or Mitro don't look like they are in it, they should get replaced with De Jong or Thauvin. Perez I love but despite some nice link up play he was a bit flat so someone else should have got a crack.

Adding Saviet and Shelvey will be very interesting. Jack Colback has to be a bench player to bring on when your 2 up for the last 10 mins. Pack out the midfield and and strangle things with the extra man as I think he's fairly ok at doing that for brief spells, he should never get 90 mins unless we have serious amount of injuries.

Need that striker, Berahino would be interesting but Remy on loan would do. We still need a centre back, shipping three at home just underlines this.

I know it's been our mantra most games to say this but there was a lot of positives in last nights game, despite dropping 2 points. We have to be bold enough to change things at the 60 min mark if they aint working. If Perez or Mitro don't look like they are in it, they should get replaced with De Jong or Thauvin. Perez I love but despite some nice link up play he was a bit flat so someone else should have got a crack.

Adding Saviet and Shelvey will be very interesting. Jack Colback has to be a bench player to bring on when your 2 up for the last 10 mins. Pack out the midfield and and strangle things with the extra man as I think he's fairly ok at doing that for brief spells, he should never get 90 mins unless we have serious amount of injuries.

Need that striker, Berahino would be interesting but Remy on loan would do. We still need a centre back, shipping three at home just underlines this.

Colback should be sent back deep into the bowels of the Earth with his fucking Morlock kin. No place for that fucking bloodless eel on the Earth's surface.

Colback should be sent back deep into the bowels of the Earth with his fucking Morlock kin. No place for that fucking bloodless eel on the Earth's surface.

:lol:

Well of course, but as that's never going to happen you have to adjust to something more realistic. How many games are we two up with 10 to go? - I'm only advocating a rare situation where he should ever get time.

Same as the Liverpool and Spurs games, we need to build on this.  Everyone said we needed to kick on after those games and that beating Villa was still the most important thing.  We went and drew with Villa, then lost the next 3 league games, 1-0. 

On that performance and on chances created, against a team that doesn't concede many.  I really hope it's a turning point.  Should be a good feeling and a bit of a buzz in the squad.  We've not been cut adrift with our poor run of form and we've just signed two players. 

I was really impressed, though.  At 2-0 down, we could have folded like a cheap deck of cards.  I thought we would have done, TBH.  But if anything, for long spells, we were the better side and we didn't stop fighting.  Bodes well. 

I just hope it won't lead to another string of results where we play well, but don't get the result.  Last night was a bit like that.  We could/should have won.  I'm sure Man U fans will be saying the same, but we just as easily could have won.  Especially when you factor in the blatant penalty and the fact Fellaini should have been off.

I hope this is us turning a corner as far as goalscoring is concerned. As a collective unit the team played well with the exception of Perez (who I'm a massive fan of) who was completely anonymous and sluggish when he did have the ball. Anyway, the biggest plus for me was how more assured and confident we were in the final third instead of just sending Wij, Mitro and Perez there against 6 defensive players behind the ball and hoping for the best.

I'm still wary though of the typical nature of our team to raise their game against the 'big teams' despite the fact Man Utd are completely s*** and we still couldn't beat them. McClaren was talking about the teams character and I'm unsure if it's down to the 'play against the big team' mentality we occasionally adopt, whether they're lifted by the new signings or they actually have turned a bit of a corner and look ready for a fight. Only time will tell though.

Edit: Also loved Mitro's Ketsbaia impression after scoring. :lol:

We played further up the pitch as a unit, which was good to see. Also Wijnaldum in his best position. As much as Mitrovic has missed some chances he does occupy defenders and cause chaos when the ball comes up to him. We have the mobile midfielders to capitalise if they're alive to the situation and it's in the game plan.

The one time we knocked the ball up to him, he played in Gini for our first. Think we need to mix our play up more often.

I know long ball is a sin word but if we can get bodies around Mitro in the box people will score. Perez against spurs for example.

Good to see Jenas back us up after the Man U love in, even had Scholes agreeing with him after LVG said they could have scored 6 Scholes said we could have too. Just hope this isn't another one of those "top teams on TV" matches that are a flash in the pan. No excuse not to take that performance into West Ham on Saturday.

The one time we knocked the ball up to him, he played in Gini for our first. Think we need to mix our play up more often.

I know long ball is a sin word but if we can get bodies around Mitro in the box people will score. Perez against spurs for example.

Long ball is only a sin when you've got FSA and Pardew hammering hit and hopes forward. Played correctly it's a good tactic, look at Coloccini, something like 96% pass completion last night and he knocked a few long ones forward to good effect. I don't mind a bit of direct play, just can't stand watching hoofball.

As Colback and Tiote are such horrific forward passers of the ball and in general sometimes a long ball is totally necessary. In fairness to Colo his punts forward are normally in the right areas for one of our players to get on and his passing range is better than any of our CM's with the exception of Shelvey now.