Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where would he go?

He did well for us at the end of last season, but he was hardly in demand. I doubt he'd be desperate to jump ship to a midtable side.

He wasn't in demand because he was training with the Tottenham under 21 team. He's shown some good performances with us this season in half a year in a poor team. He would improve any of the midtable sides. Like I said, if he's focused on playing for England he will need to play in the premiership. If he wants to play consistently he will need to play for a midtable side.

I think his inclusion in the provisional England team has destroyed any chance of him staying on. He'll want to push for a place in the national team and that will mean he'll have to play Premier League football. I'm writing this under the assumption that he won't make the full squad, but it goes doubly if he ends up going to the competition.

For me, as long as everything goes to plan, staying at the club should not affect his international career at all (well maybe the one season we are in the championship) but the world cup is 2 years away so if he can have a bitching season in the championship and then carry that over to the prem he 'Should' have no worries.

Guest neesy111

2 years until the WC though, I thin he'll be fine staying in the Championship for a season personally. Hope so anyway as he'll piss it.

:thup:

If he stays :sweetjesus:

I think people are severely underestimating the draw that a top class manager can have on players, mainly because we've not had one for ages.

If Rafa wants him to stay he stays imo, barring an offer from a CL club, which he's very unlikely to get.

maybe gigs- but I saw a sky channel fb share of him coming off the pitch against spurs and I swear he was telling Rafa he had to stay.

Andros' father even said that was a hair-raising moment to see his son get that type of reception.

Duff was a piece of shit, though. I reckon Townsend will love being the first name on the teamsheet, having fallen so far out of favour at Spurs. He's never held down a regular starting place in his career but has looked like a great piece of business for us. Hardly a stranger to the Championship, either.