Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can only echo other comments.... going to palace seems a crazy idea.

But the clause was there, and had hoped he might have bought into the 'rafalution'.

Another way of looking at it... we've made £1m for a 6 month loan deal.

At least we found out he was a mercenary c*** early on and got our money back. No harm done, now we can focus on bringing players here who understand what this football club is about and want to be part of something great.

Is this serious? LOL what an awful post.

It's from my perspective as a Newcastle fan, obviously being a Palace fan yourself you may view differently.

I can understand him leaving but Palace seems an awful choice. Ah well.

May well have been happy to get the cash plus Andros's wages off the books and invest that money on other players.  We will probably end up stronger for this.

I guess we've got Ritchie and Gayle for Townsend.  We're stronger for that.

As its stands, yeah.  But I'm sure Sissoko will be off soon. 

It's nice that we are actually strengthening, before anyone leaves, though.

More than confident that we will reinvest whatever we get from the sale of Sissoko plus the freed wages :thup:

I would hope so.  But didn't Gayle cost around £9m-£10m?  Ritchie is going to cost £12m, allegedly.  Plus we signed Sels for £4.5m.  We've only recouped £13m so far.  I haven't factored in wages, as we don't know the details.  So there is a shortfall to be made up, there.  I don't think we'll be reinvesting all the fees we get back.  But who knows? 

I still think to some degree, it will be one in, one out, and we'll be getting like for like replacements.  It's just we're being proactive for once and not waiting until they've gone and then panicking.

Probably missed London too much. I'm surprised someone like WHU didn't come in for him though. Also it's a bit annoying that we've only got £13m back considering we bought him for £12m and his stock has risen a fair bit since then.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hugely disappointing. Keeping him would have sent out a positive message. This is a setback for Rafa no doubt.

May well have been happy to get the cash plus Andros's wages off the books and invest that money on other players.  We will probably end up stronger for this.

More than confident that we will reinvest whatever we get from the sale of Sissoko plus the freed wages :thup:

I would hope so.  But didn't Gayle cost around £9m-£10m?  Ritchie is going to cost £12m, allegedly.  Plus we signed Sels for £4.5m.  We've only recouped £13m so far.  I haven't factored in wages, as we don't know the details.  So there is a shortfall to be made up, there.  I don't think we'll be reinvesting all the fees we get back.  But who knows? 

I still think to some degree, it will be one in, one out, and we'll be getting like for like replacements.  It's just we're being proactive for once and not waiting until they've gone and then panicking.

The likes of Janmaat, Sissoko and Wijnaldum will probably be leaving as well and we'll get good money for them if that happens. Krul too, although not sure how much he'll fetch with only a year left on his contract. I don't think we'll be out of pocket.

As Beren says, applied himself while he was here. No hard feelings personally.

He will probably regret it when he realises how big change it is going from Benitez to Pardew, but that is his problem, not ours. He played well for us, but he is very replaceable if we get straight back up.

The likes of Janmaat, Sissoko and Wijnaldum will probably be leaving as well and we'll get good money for them if that happens. Krul too, although not sure how much he'll fetch with only a year left on his contract. I don't think we'll be out of pocket.

Exactly.  I'm glad we're making moves already and signing quality players.  But I don't think we'll be reinvesting too much of the money we recoup from player sales.  Maybe 60%, something like that?   

Last time we went down, I'm sure we got rid of a load of the expensive, overpaid players.  But we didn't really buy anyone of note or spend any money.  It's good to see that is changing.  Ashley must be desperate to get back on the premier league gravy train. 

At least we found out he was a mercenary c*** early on and got our money back. No harm done, now we can focus on bringing players here who understand what this football club is about and want to be part of something great.

It's from my perspective as a Newcastle fan, obviously being a Palace fan yourself you may view differently.

You can only understand things from your own perspective?

He's a mercenary cunt because he's joined a fairly established PL club?

Out of all our signings in recent years few seem to genuinely work as hard and understand what this club is about then Townsend.  I believe he joined us in the first place as he felt we should be able to stay up, he could get back into the England squad and we would be a fantastic club for him going forward. 

We've been relegated.  He's in the prime of his career.  He did his best to keep us here.  He deserves to play in the PL this season. 

Comments like yours feed into this notion that football fans but especially Newcastle fans are fickle. 

If a good player leaves to play at a higher level or for a bigger club = mercenary cunt. 

Grow up mate. 

You can only understand things from your own perspective?

He's a mercenary cunt because he's joined a fairly established PL club?

Out of all our signings in recent years few seem to genuinely work as hard and understand what this club is about then Townsend.  I believe he joined us in the first place as he felt we should be able to stay up, he could get back into the England squad and we would be a fantastic club for him going forward. 

We've been relegated.  He's in the prime of his career.  He did his best to keep us here.  He deserves to play in the PL this season. 

Comments like yours feed into this notion that football fans but especially Newcastle fans are fickle. 

If a good player leaves to play at a higher level or for a bigger club = mercenary cunt. 

Grow up mate. 

http://imgur.com/bd10p.gif

Guest chopey

Aye we bought him, used him, stuck a higher price tag around his neck, sold him and then slapped him on the arse and told him we enjoyed his company but fuck off.

Happy with the contribution he made, one of the players who stood up in the end when others lost their heart.

Had he not said a word I don't think many would be bothered if he left, however, because of what he and his father has been saying it feels like a kick in the teeth, especially as it is Palace. They seem to have a bit of cash so Pardew may have been able to sell him a vision :(

Like someone has said with Ritchie and Gayle in place of him we should be stronger for it?