Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing ridiculous about a £2m loan fee at all man, have you not seen the money being spent all over the place? £2m is absolutely nowt.

Sean Dyche just been interviewed there. Said there's no value in the transfer window now. You either pay the money or you don't. Rafa wanted Townsend, those above him wouldn't pay what it would have taken to bring him here. Simple as that. We'll know in just over 3 months if it was a gamble worth taking. Personally with the transfer profit we made in the summer I would have invested most of it just to more or less guarantee being promoted. Now we're sweating on Shelvey and Ritchie being available from now till the end of the season.

Do you think maybe that that transfer profit isn't held in a kitty just for transfers but is hoyed into the kitty with all other incomings to pay all other outgoings ?

I think it's been used to cover the losses occurred by being relegated, yes. Let's not forgot the reasons we've been relegated twice in 7 years though.

Poor investment quality wise as much as poor investment quantity wise ?

The atmosphere will be poisonous tomorrow.

Nah, thankfully internet hysteria is largely kept away from SJP :lol:

Aye, the wongaloids like yourself will watch the match in near silence as per usual.

:lol:  Gerrin. Fwiw I'm in the corner, rarely in silence. Enjoy your night crying on here though :thup:

to be honest, we moved right next to the corner from the millburn paddocks and have always had a decent time at home games. just a shame the noise doesnt carry to the rest of the stadium.

The noise would carry if the rest of the ground actually joined in. The only time there's any movement or noise in the Leazes End is when an away fan chucks a flare down onto them.

We have a championship quality squad plus Gayle and Shelvey, I don't see how you guys can be so relaxed. :lol:

We're in the Championship.

Have you seen how s*** we are without those two man? :lol:

Think we've managed OK without Gayle, given how well Murphy has played. We look hopeless without Shelvey but another key to us having a good end of the season is keeping Ritchie and Yedlin fit because those two look superb together down the right hand side.

Guest neesy111

The atmosphere will be poisonous tomorrow.

Nah, thankfully internet hysteria is largely kept away from SJP :lol:

Aye, the wongaloids like yourself will watch the match in near silence as per usual.

:lol:  Gerrin. Fwiw I'm in the corner, rarely in silence. Enjoy your night crying on here though :thup:

Enjoy your obsession with Villa.  I'm sure their fans are bothered about it.

People need to give it a rest.

A few weeks ago people on here were saying they wouldn't have him back, how they would save the money for the summer when we can go up and buy better targets etc.

Now this hasn't came off (looking like Palace deciding to fuck us around) and all of a sudden we are nowhere near getting promoted, Rafa is off, the crowd will turn tomorrow, those who go tomorrow are Wongaloids etc.

Honestly guys, just relax a a little. Tomorrow should we win then we'll go top with Brighton playing a tough team where they could slip up. All stats etc points to us going up, we are in a better position now then we were when we last went up. Our team is still a step above the rest of the league, tomorrow we play a team who beat 6-0 away from home earlier in the season without even getting out of 2nd gear. Take your knickers off guys because they are wringing with piss and are twisted to fuck.

We have a championship quality squad plus Gayle and Shelvey, I don't see how you guys can be so relaxed. :lol:

We're in the Championship.

Have you seen how s*** we are without those two man? :lol:

We've coped fine without Gayle to be fair. Pumped QPR 6-0, beat a good Preston away in the league and emphatically at home in the League Cup, Rotherham 4-0 just the other week...

A few weeks ago people on here were saying they wouldn't have him back, how they would save the money for the summer when we can go up and buy better targets etc.

Now this hasn't came off (looking like Palace deciding to f*** us around) and all of a sudden we are nowhere near getting promoted, Rafa is off, the crowd will turn tomorrow, those who go tomorrow are Wongaloids etc.

Honestly guys, just relax a a little. Tomorrow should we win then we'll go top with Brighton playing a tough team where hey could slip up. All stats etc points to us going up, we are in a better position now then we were when we last went up. Our team is still a step above the rest of the league, tomorrow we play a team who beat 6-0 away from home earlier in the season without even getting out of 2nd gear. Take your knickers off guys because they are wringing with p*ss and are twisted to f***.

This. The reactions are fucking hilarious tonight.

Now this hasn't came off (looking like Palace deciding to f*** us around) and all of a sudden we are nowhere near getting promoted, Rafa is off, the crowd will turn tomorrow, those who go tomorrow are Wongaloids etc.

Honestly guys, just relax a a little. Tomorrow should we win then we'll go top with Brighton playing a tough team where hey could slip up. All stats etc points to us going up, we are in a better position now then we were when we last went up. Our team is still a step above the rest of the league, tomorrow we play a team who beat 6-0 away from home earlier in the season without even getting out of 2nd gear. Take your knickers off guys because they are wringing with p*ss and are twisted to f***.

Manager yes, manager hopefully controlling the club (not sure after tonight), yes....playing staff..not a chance!

I was very pleased when we landed him first time round, but less enthusiastic this time. The unknown but troubling factor would have been the impact on the squad of a player who jumped ship a few months ago, and then comes back like some returning hero. I don't think Rafa is particularly mindful of that kind of consideration though.

The other worrying thing about Townsend is he never seems to settle anywhere for long.

Agreed, squadwise we should have enough to go up still. I think the reaction is down to the uncertainty regarding Rafa's response. How much did he think he NEEDED Thownsend, and just how confident was he that something would happen.

Still 3 mins to go like.

This. The reactions are f***ing hilarious tonight.

:thup:

I suppose the issue isn't so much we haven't signed Townsend as much as we've not strengthened at all, in fact we've weakened (I admit Tiote hasn't played much recently but we've still lost a decent player and not brought anyone in).

think its more that rafa was so public about what he felt he needed, and the fact he wasnt backed 100% (as far as we know, anyway - we dont know that role that fat cunt allardyce had to play in it all).

The point is that the manager who we were told was being fully backed has been totally fucked over my two idiots who have a long history of making an abortion of decisions which have directly resulted in the club being relegated twice. They have had a month to bring in players which the manager has said were required. How people don't get this mystifies me. Look at the bigger picture as I put money on you will have one pissed off manager right now