Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams like Crystal Palace cant afford to pay £100k a week regardless of this massive influx of cash.

Not only will it affect their wage structure, it could also cause financial ruin if they got relegated and Townsend was on a 5-year deal. That would work out at an outlay of around £40 million for the player over his full term.

They've just offered Michy Batshuayi £110,000 a week.

Yeah ... Ritchie is such a similar player it was always likely he was the replacement. Ties in with the Ritchie timeline being Friday, once Townsend has been confirmed with Palace.

That grass om the other side wont be green. His decision then so be it. I would have understood if it was a team like Everton or Southampton or whatever but Pardew and Palace :lol:

Bit disappointed in him, he seemed a decent bloke but he's made a poor career decision. Yes it's PL and London, but there's a good chance we'll swap divisions with Palace in a year. Plus he has competition from Zaha, Bolasie, Puncheon & Sako..... just reckon he should've either stayed here or waited for a better option.

What a shame.

Oh well I trust Rafa to know how to respond to him leaving.

To be honest since Rafa was confirmed I've trusted him to have a plan for all eventualities like when he replaced his coach within 24 hours.

Be interesting to see how he does, I always felt he was only performing for us because he wanted to be in the England squad. Think we kind of overrated him as well because of the rubbish and lack of effort before him. Would have been great in the championship, but still think he is an average premier league player.

Guest antz1uk

Strange move. They've been one of the worst teams in the country this year and only just survived. Scored even fewer goals than we did. He'll probably come to regret it.

Think you could have wrote that exact same sentiment 6 months ag0 about us TBH. Looks like he wants premier league over Club stature. Although I can understand in a way with a new England manager coming in, just disappointing as it sounded like he was making all the right noises